Senior Database Engineer
Creditsafe Technology if officially a part of Creditsafe Group The world’s most used supplier of company credit reports and we are product-based company.
From our launch 23 years ago, Creditsafe Group has rapidly expanded across United State of America, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Italy, Finland, and Japan
The Creditsafe product portfolio contains a range of products designed to both help protect your
business against the threat of bad debt and help you to grow your business with the minimum of
risk. All Creditsafe products are designed with our customers in mind and we are constantly building
and improving products to further meet your needs. At every second 20 creditsafe reports are
downloaded over the world.
This is your opportunity to develop your career with an exciting, fast paced and rapidly expanding business, one of the leading providers of Business Intelligence worldwide. As a Senior Oracle PL/SQL Developer with excellent database development skills, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the databases and scripts that power the company’s products and websites, handling large data sets and having in excess of 20 million hits per day.You will work with your team to deliver work on time, in-line with the business requirements, and to a high level of quality This is your opportunity to develop your career with an exciting, fast paced and rapidly expanding business, one of the leading providers of Business Intelligence worldwide.You will work with your team to deliver work on time, in-line with the business requirements, and to a high level of quality.
- 8+ year’s solid commercial experience of Oracle development under a 10 g or 11 g environment.
- Advanced PL/SQL knowledge required.
- ETL skills – Pentaho would be beneficial
- Any wider DB experience would be desirable e.g. Redshift, DynamoDB AuroraDB, MariaDB, MongoDB etc
- Have good experience on data modelling
- Have good experience/knowledge on python
- An interest in learning new technologies
- Technically agnostic – not bound to Oracle
- Strong experience in tuning Oracle queries in large databases.
- Good experience in loading and extracting large data sets.
- Experience of working with an Oracle database under a bespoke web development environment.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills; agile problem-solving abilities.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, able to work independently with little or no supervision, and is committed to the highest standards of quality for the entire release process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced / changing environment.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline driven, stressful project environment.3+ years of software development experience
- Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Experience with loading data through SSIS.
- Experience working on financial and business intelligence projects or in big data environments.
- A desire to learn new skills and branch into development using a wide range of alternative technologies.
- Write code for new development requirements as well as provide bug fixing, support and maintenance of existing code.
- Test your code to ensure it functions as per the business requirements, considering the impact of your code on other areas of the solution.
- Provide expert advice on performance tuning within Oracle.
- Perform large-scale imports and extracts of data.
- Assist the business in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements where needed, provide estimates and work plans
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Follow all company procedures/standards/processes.
- Contribute to architectural design and development making technically sound development recommendations.
- Provide support to other staff in the department and act as a mentor to less experienced staff, including through code reviews.
- Work as a team player in an agile environment.
- Build release scripts and plans to facilitate the deployment of your code to testing and production environments.
- Take ownership of any issues that occur within your area to ensure an appropriate solution is found
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and share with team members and/or affected parties .
- Competitive Salary
- Work from Home
- Medical Insurance
- Cab facility for Women
- Dedicated Gaming Area