Title: Release Engineer
Line Manager: Group Release Manager
Department: Business Enablement
Location: Cardiff Bay
Working in the Business Enablement function and reporting to the Release Manager. The release engineer is responsible for the coordination and deployment of all releases to the test, stage and production environments.
- To maintain Release Management procedures, processes, metrics and standards.
- Identify the configuration needs of all releases by communicating with multiple areas of the business. Ensure Release Management processes are continuously monitored and adhered to so that optimal efficiency is achieved.
- Ensure Release Management documentation set is maintained.
- Ensure any modifications or changes are recorded and communicated.
- Perform configuration audits; track, monitor and resolve discrepancy reports.
- Create, build and release software packages for the application lifecycle.
- Act as a liaison between functional groups for configuration and release management purposes
**Please note that the responsibility lists detailed above are not exhaustive and the Release Engineer may be requested to perform additional duties / take on additional responsibilities deemed as reasonable by their direct line manager.
All members of the department will participate in regular 1-2-1 and appraisal meetings with their line manager to set personal business objectives, discuss their progress and formulate personal development plans to aid your career progression.
- Take responsibility for, and own, your personal development plan and business objectives
- Prepare for and document the outcome of your 1-2-1 meetings
- Working knowledge of Windows, IIS, .NET, Linux, Unix, Websites & Databases
- Skill with one or more scripting languages including Powershell.
- Creating new branches and merge release branches using various tools.
- Experience of C# .NET (MVC & Web Forms), WCF, TFS, Oracle.
- Experience of source control tools, continuous integration, build projects, Coded UI Testing, Work Item management.
- Understanding and experienced with enterprise applications and large relational database
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- 2 or more years of experience in a similar role within the software delivery will be a distinct advantage .
- Relationship Management: The ability to effectively develop and manage strong working relationships both internal and external to the business.
- Highly developed communication skills: communicating effectively and in a timely manner using appropriate communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity / Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions, which are timely, and in the best interests of the organization.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.