User Services Engineer
Reporting directly to the User Services Engineering Directional Lead, the team are responsible for the complete lifecycle of all end user services. The role will cover the design, build, test and implementation of all aspects of the workplace technology and will have a proven technical background across a variety of Microsoft and Linux based operating systems & applications.
You will be working in a fast-paced Agile environment and require the ability to prioritise tasks based on the business and operational needs, managing several issues and projects at any one time.
An ability and willingness to jump in and get involved is essential – this hands on role covers a range of existing and emerging technologies and will be predominantly internal user facing. You will be able to work within high-pressure environments and appreciate the need for flexible working hours within a 24×7 global operation, and be able to travel abroad when required.
• Defining End User services technical architecture
• New service commissioning
• Design, configuration & implementation of (and Tier 4 support of):
• Email services
• End user devices (Laptops, Desktop PCs, Mobile devices), Citrix and End user operating systems
• Desk telephony
• Printing services
• Application packaging
• Office 365
• Customer support / ticketing software
• Have a willingness to participate in a 24/7 on call rota as required
**Please note that the responsibility lists detailed above are not exhaustive and the User Services Engineering team may be requested to perform additional duties / take on additional responsibilities deemed as reasonable by their direct line manager.
I.T. Proficiency (Essential)
• Citrix Xenapp configuration and support (preferably 7.xx)
• Extensive Windows 10 administration and deployment experience
• Microsoft Exchange (2010 – 2016)
• Microsoft Office 365
• Global telephony configuration and support (preferably Avaya)
• VoIP Telephony experience
• Windows server 2008 – 2016
• Managing workloads through a workload management toolset
I.T. Proficiency (Desirable)
• Experience of monitoring tools such as SolarWinds / Site 24×7 / Instana
• Commercial experience of AWS / MS Azure environments
• Linux (CentOS / Ubuntu)
• General networking skills (DNS/DHCP, TCP/IP)
• VMWare 6.x
• SAN storage (e.g. Dell EqualLogic / Compellent)
• Customer Service software configuration and support (FreshDesk / Zendesk)
Core skills and attributes:
• Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience.
• Working collaboratively with multi-disciplined teams to achieve common goals.
• Be proactive and use initiative to be accountable for your own workload.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone where appropriate.
• Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
• Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
• Have the initiative to develop skills independently and a desire to keep abreast of emerging technologies through continuous learning.
• A willingness to share knowledge and mentor other team members while improving communication among employees.
• Be aware of and follow Creditsafe’s Policies, Processes and work instructions.
The Creditsafe Story…
Privately owned and independently minded, Creditsafe is the world’s most used provider of online business credit reports, since we formed in 1997 we have changed the way business information is used worldwide through our passion and drive to deliver superior business data.
We have over 100,000 customers worldwide, employ over 1,200 ‘Creditsafers’ globally and have 16 offices across 14 countries.
We were voted one of the best companies to work for in the UK for 7 consecutive years and continue to make every effort to ensure this is a great place to work.
Our head office in Cardiff Bay (which is where this role is based) is an exciting and vibrant place to work, with:
• A range of workplace entertainment including; Table tennis, Darts, Pool tables, Games consoles and board games galore
• Break and chill out areas
• Music throughout the office that our team members control
• Employee Forum consisting of representatives from all department and business functions so you can get your voice heard loud and clear, you help the company make decisions. We believe everyone should have a fair chance to contribute to the success of the company
Benefits include: AXA Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Pension, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Free Car Parking, Cycle Scheme, Staff Discounts, Various Social Activities, Wellbeing Programme.
For more information about Creditsafe Group please check out our careers site:careers.creditsafe.com or visit our Facebook page: Life @ Creditsafe Group.