Trade Payment Data Lead
Reporting directly to the Head of Data Operations, this role is responsible for the management of the Trade Payment Data team, whose main responsibility is for the importing and processing of Trade Payment Data (TPD). The role involves full ownership of the TPD end-to-end process as well as advanced knowledge of SQL/VB/ Python (or other) to set up automated ETL workflows for complex files, as well as managing reporting requests that come via the wider team. Stakeholder management experience.
This role is currently home-based due to the Covid-19 emergency however there is availability to work in the office space in Cardiff Bay if preferred. When the time is right we will transition to a balanced approach to hybrid working, requiring some office and some remote working.
Team Management: Day to day leadership and management of the TPD team.
- Monitoring and controlling of TPD processes across the multiple workflow streams ensuring compliance to existing SLA’s and over all operational performance and effectiveness of the TPD End to End processes. Emphasis is placed here on Data Quality, Integrity, and Accuracy.
- Continuous Process Improvement: Looking for an opportunity to improve how the TPD team and TPD processes operate. Exploiting such opportunities for an automation, standardisation, and improvements as and when they arise with aim to ensure appropriate levels of Data delivery and Quality is maintained and continuously exceeded.
- Maintenance, creation, and improvement of existing applications/processes related to TPD, VB applications, SQL/SSIS scripting and Python.
- Data Analysis and Reporting– Create feedback loops and Provide analysis for a wide range of projects and datasets including new country launches, new TPD data sources and creation of reports for senior management and TPD collectors.
- Primary point of contact: Develop in-depth understanding of the TPD Processes and act as the SME on all TPD knowledge for the company
Key Areas of Responsibility
Trade Payment Data Processing – Loading of payment data files received from Creditsafe customers in an efficient and timely manner to the relevant databases. Assume ownership of the successful running of the end-to-end ETL process.
Advanced Data Mapping – Mapping data from new TPD suppliers into the Creditsafe TPD Data Standard and create automated ETL procedures to integrate this data flows into existing TPD data architecture that at present operates on SSIS data ingestion.
Experience in use of for example Visual Basic, Python (Pandas, Data Frames), R or any other relevant skillet for processing data files is must for this role, as is advance applied SQL experience and skills set.
TPD Queries – Escalating and resolution of TPD loading issues and queries, this can come from specific entities concerning 3D Customer data, or users of our ad-hoc reporting.
Assisting the Analytics team – Providing advice and support to the Analytics team to help them with the selecting of variable and application of policy rules in relation to TPD available.
FTP Transfers – Management and overseeing of file transfers between contributors and ourselves. Knowledge and awareness of FTP required.
Supporting entity data teams – Providing support and advice to the entity collection teams as and when required. Specifically helping support the teams in escalating customer queries and targeting/reporting on entity collection targets and statistics.
Liaising with suppliers – Working with data providers and data outsourcing partners to ensure that any data purchased by Creditsafe is fit for purpose.
Team Communication – Leading huddles within the team to manage expectations and assess internal issues/blockers. Communication with internal support teams responsible for related TPD queries.
Reporting – Reporting statistics to help other areas of the business including marketing, finance, and other internal data teams.
Data Governance – Awareness of data governance and how it affects trade payment data and what it is used for.