Trade Payment Analyst
Reporting directly to the TPD Manager, this role is responsible for the importing and processing of Trade Payment Data from each of our entities ensuring the data is accurate and fit to be consumed in Creditsafe’s products.
– To ensure all TPD received meets the required layout and provide analysis and feedback on the data to ensure it is of the highest quality possible.
– To work with TPD collectors and other stakeholders to help improve upon the quality and range of TPD offered by Creditsafe.
– The management of specific datasets, liaising with suppliers and building the knowledge to answer any queries raised by internal or external users of the data.
– Providing advice and support regarding the format, use of data, particularly in relation to its use in Creditsafe’s products, scorecards and integration into clients own systems.
– Degree in a related subject, or 5+ years of relevant experience
– MS Office or equivalent (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access etc.)
– Databases with an understanding of how they are updated and maintained
– Data Analysis skills to query databases (e.g. SQL)
– Relevant software packages (open source or purchased) use in statistical analysis, data governance or data analysis
– Communication software experience, e.g. E-mail, Slack, Skype, Zoom etc
– Internet, Intranet, Share Point etc.
Experience, knowledge, skills and personal characteristics
– 5 or more years of experience in a similar role within the Business Information industry, in particular with a CRA (Credit Reference Agency) will be a distinct advantage
– Strong analytical and problem solving skills
– The ability to effectively develop and manage strong working relationships both internal and external to the business
– Highly developed communication skills – communicating effectively and in a timely manner using appropriate communication tools and techniques
– Creativity / Innovation – Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
– Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
– Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
– Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
– Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
– Trade Payment Data Processing – Loading of payment data files received from Creditsafe customers in an efficient and timely manner. When necessary creation of templates using Excel or Visual Basics to
facilitate data management and loading
– Data Mapping – Mapping data from new TPD suppliers into the Creditsafe format, ensuring data is fresh and accurate
– Data Management – Managing the loading and processing of TPD data, providing feedback where necessary
– Data Analysis – Providing analysis for a wide range of projects and datasets including new country launches, new TPD data sources and creation of reports for senior management and TPD collectors.
– Customer Queries – Provide time and relevant responses to the TPD queries being raised through IT Help which should be written in a professional manner ready for customers.
– Assisting the Analytics team – Providing advice and support to the Analytics team to help them with the selecting of variable and application of policy rules in relation to TPD available
– Supporting entity data teams – Providing support and advice to the entity collection teams as and when required.
– Liaising with suppliers – Working with data providers and data outsourcing partners to ensure that any data purchased by Creditsafe is fit for purpose.
– To assist in any project work as and when required.
– Any other data related tasks that may arise.
– To investigate and answer data queries from international customers. The local resource is responsible for the normal data queries.
– To help prepare reports for management.
– To work closely with other departments.