Technical Team Lead
The technical development team lead plays a vital role, taking responsibility for the delivery and maintenance of products. Working in a dynamic business environment and at times within a geographically dispersed team, you will coach your team to ensure the delivery of high-quality web services and applications. You will also be expected to get involved in some of the day to day development and architecture of these products and solutions when required.
• Develop and motivate teams in order to successfully deliver high quality business solutions.
• Facilitate all Agile ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, refinement, demos and retrospectives.
• Provide proactive Agile coaching and mentoring to the development team and business stakeholders, identifying opportunities for improving outcomes.
• Work closely with the Product Owners and key technology stakeholders to define the product roadmap and ensure the product backlog is maintained to enable successful delivery.
• Provide technical leadership through coaching and mentorship to guide a development team towards successful delivery.
• Take ownership of any impediments that occur within your team to ensure an appropriate solution is found, escalating where necessary.
• Help support the team in maintaining existing software and data infrastructure.
• Promote software quality by using Agile and lean development methodologies such as test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
• Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and share with team members and/or affected parties.
• Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
• Identify and encourage areas for improvement and personal development within the team as part of a supervisory role.
• Ability to coordinate multiple stakeholder needs across internal and external teams.
• Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions.
• Experience of coaching and mentoring team members develop their potential and facilitate career progression.
• Experience of web services using architectural styles such as REST, Micro services, SOA, WCF, WSDL.
• Experience of AWS native technologies such as S3, Lambda, EC2, Route53, API Gateway.
• Solid experience of working within 3GL development stacks such as .net core, Java or Python.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban, ideally leading multiple small development teams.
• Understanding and experienced with enterprise applications and large relational databases.(e.g. Postgres, Oracle, MySQL).
• Experience of working with a geographically diverse scrum team.
• 10 years of software development, ideally as both Developer and Scrum Master.
• Significant knowledge of team productivity tools such as the Attlassian suite or Azure DevOps.
• Degree in Computer Science or similar.
• Knowledge of continuous integration and delivery processes.
• A qualification within Agile from a recognised body e.g. scrum.org, Scrum Alliance, SAF, etc.
• Analytical and critical thinking skills; agile problem-solving abilities.
• Teamwork – Encourages cooperation, collaboration and partnerships.
• Quality Improvement – Strives for high quality performance and takes initiative to make improvements and deliver results.
• Problem Solving – Identifies problems and seeks best solutions by being creative and innovative.
• Excellent open and clear communication skills that can connect with all levels of the organisation via face-to-face and group presentation.
• Proven team building skills with a focus on setting the team up to succeed.
• Detail oriented, self-motivated, able to work independently with little or no supervision and is committed to the highest standards of quality for the entire release process.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast paced / changing environment.
• Ability to thrive in a deadline driven project environment.
Our department is crucial to this rapidly growing company! Come be part of our growing team aiming to help us double the size of Creditsafe over the next five years. If this sounds good to you, then come and join us – get in touch now!