Technical Product Manager/Owner – Data Management Product
– Working location can be flexible & negotiated if the successful candidate is not based in Cardiff or Dublin, however regular attendance at a Creditsafe office is a pre-requisite.
– Currently working to a hybrid working policy which consists of 3 days working remotely and two days in the office.
Creditsafe is the most used business data provider in the world, reducing risk and maximizing opportunities for our 110,000 business customers. Our journey began in Oslo, Norway in 1997, where we had a dream of using the then revolutionary internet to deliver instant access company credit reports to small and medium-sized businesses. Creditsafe realised this dream and changed the market for the better for businesses of all sizes. From there, we opened 15 more offices throughout Europe, the USA and Asia. We provide data on more than 300 million companies and provide customer notifications for billions of changes annually. We are a high growth company offering the freedom and flexibility of a start-up type culture due to the continuous innovation and new product development performed, coupled with the stability of being a profitable and growing company! With such a large customer base and breadth of data and analytics technology you will have real opportunities to help companies survive and thrive in challenging times by reducing business risk and choosing trustworthy customers and suppliers.
If you enjoy working with billions of time-series data points and creating new business insights to solve real problems for a diverse set of Customers and have an interest in Big Data Platforms, Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics you will enjoy working at Creditsafe.
Our data management products enable customers to enrich and update their own customer/partner/prospect portfolios data in real-time and provide insights on the portfolio and individual companies. Our notification capability which oversees the billions of changes to global companies and notifies our customers is a critical service for data management. The business opportunity to augment data changes and notifications with new business insights provides an exciting new channel for Creditsafe and we are seeking candidates to assist.
We are seeking a Technical Product Manager/Owner to guide the development effort of data monitoring and insights products by conveying the business vision and customer value to the engineering team, outlining the scope and prioritization of work, and assuming accountability for successful customer adoption. The Product Owner reports to a Product Line Manager and collaborates closely with development managers, project managers, developers, architects, testers, data scientists and analysts. This leadership role is responsible for: managing the product backlog, being the voice of the customer and negotiating release content with the development team(s).
Day to day activities:
Collaborate with R&D teams to translate the roadmap into an actionable, prioritized backlog, ensuring our R&D teams are always working on the highest value items.
• Understand our Customers’ use cases and future needs through research and regular interactions with them (1:1
interviews, user groups, surveys etc.) so that you can effectively communicate their challenges and goals to the
development teams both verbally and via use cases with success metrics.
• Drive efficiency: Practice value driven decision making. Validate designs and priority with Customers prior to
developing. Build flexible solutions, rationalize existing services, modify, and reuse existing platform components
and services when appropriate.
• Ensure the quality of your product: both in terms of robustness and user-experience. Validate acceptance criteria.
Lead Customer beta programmes for your product throughout the product development lifecycle.
• Be an internal and external product evangelist.
The ideal applicant:
• An imaginative and decisive individual who possesses deep domain knowledge of customer problems and future needs,
orientation is towards the definition of user scenarios, use cases, and/or user stories through visual, verbal and written communication.
• Has demonstrable experience and success guiding engineering project teams to execute on quality deliverables.
• Experience with monitoring and analysing large data sets.
• Lives and breathes the customer and user experience, capable of translating business problems into detailed requirements with realistic success metrics.
• Can articulate the “what” and “why” to development teams clearly and with inspiration.
• Encourages healthy debate and ambitious thinking within a team environment to arrive at a suitable solution i.e., the how.
• Champions “whole product” thinking, ensuring consideration of functional and non-functional requirements.
• Strong aptitude for hands-on creation of compelling visual and persuasive written content for internal and external
• Takes an inclusive and listen-first approach to appropriately influence release contents and schedules.
• A great communicator who is passionate and energetic about their work.
• Bachelor’s degree (finance, data science etc.) or comparable academic training and relevant industry experience.
• Proven experience delighting Customers, meeting tight deadlines, and fostering collaborative working relationships
• 3+ years relevant experience as a product owner, user experience designer, business/financial analyst, solution
consultant or technical support engineer for enterprise financial software.
*Please note we are not offering relocation packages for this role and we are currently not accepting speculative agency CVs for this role.