Systems Engineer – Customer Platform
Our Cardiff office is expanding, Creditsafe is looking to add a C# Developer ( Systems Engineer ) to the team.
WHO ARE WE?
Privately owned and independently minded, Creditsafe prides itself on being pro-active and different. Our journey began in Oslo, Norway in 1997, where we had a dream of using the ‘revolutionary’ internet to deliver instant access company credit reports to small and medium-sized businesses. Creditsafe realised this dream and changed the market for the better, for businesses of all sizes.
Our continued success has made us the most used business data provider in the world and one of the industry’s strongest growing business intelligence providers. Today Creditsafe has 23 offices across 3 continents serving 110,000 customers from SME’s to enterprise businesses.
Creditsafe’s customer platform (back office) team consists of a blend of Software, Data and QA Engineers ranging from junior to senior levels. This highly Agile team resides between both Cardiff, South Wales and Hyderabad India.
The customer platform is at the heart of Creditsafe, controlling provisioning, authentication, authorization and reporting for all our products. The platform contains numerous full-stack technologies including cloud-based applications residing in both AWS and Azure, industry standard ID management and is constantly evolving as we support the future requirements of Creditsafe’s growing product portfolio.
Working with technologies such as .NET, C#, Azure/AWS and SQL, the engineer will become a key member of a development team building the next generation platform supporting all Creditsafe products. Experienced in Agile methodologies to deliver high quality work, the successful candidate will be a skilled and enthusiastic engineer that prides themselves on delivery. Possessing excellent problem solving skills, the successful candidate will be adaptable in using new and different technologies. Data is at the core of the Creditsafe business so it’s imperative that Creditsafe developers are passionate about building scalable solutions.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Play a hands on role as part of a Scrum or Kanban team to develop, test and maintain high quality web applications and backend services that fulfil business needs.
- Help support the team in maintaining existing application and data infrastructure.
- Write documentation of new processes and products to facilitate knowledge sharing
- Strong focus on quality.
- Define and execute practices such as continuous integration and test driven development to enable the rapid delivery of working code
- Managing, tracking and updating tickets within agile software development tools such as Azure DevOps.
The responsibilities detailed above are not exhaustive and you may be requested to take on additional responsibilities deemed as reasonable by their direct line manager.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Development experience within a commercial environment including operational support.
- Good Experience with .NET C#.
- Good experience with application development using Azure or AWS.
- Experience in using JSON/XML.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience in SOAP APIs.
- SQL development, e.g. Oracle or SQL Server.
- Experience of Web API and WCF.
- Good understanding of GIT.
- Knowledge of automated delivery processes, including Azure DevOps Pipelines.
- Qualified to degree level in software engineering or equivalent.
- Experience of migrating monolith applications to cloud-based micro services.
- Working in distributed development teams.
Creditsafe is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity. Please contact Creditsafe if there is any support you need with your application.