The purpose of this role is to help develop our approach to the delivery of technology within the organisation. You will be comfortable working in a hybrid cloud environment spanning CoLo, Azure and AWS datacentres and have previous technical experience in these environments.
As a Systems Analyst, you will be joining a team of talented engineers who are passionate about new IT solutions, systems improvements, and automation. It is both an analytical and technical role combined that will support and improve Creditsafes SDLC (Solutions Development Life Cycle) and you will be able to translate our business needs into new high quality IT systems.
You will have a proven technical background of core IT infrastructure and end user services across a hybrid/multi cloud environment and will be an experienced result-oriented individual with a proven track record of managing all phases of IT service delivery throughout the SDLC, implementing, and improving our current and future IT systems, analysing system requirements, and addressing any functional problems. You will create test plans and scripts to perform standard testing while delivering solutions to ensure high levels of performance and security.
We are looking for someone with a firm understanding of systems analysis and technical documentation to help create and build out a modern documentation and user assistance infrastructure. You will be responsible for deliverables of substantial scope and complexity and will contribute to selection of analysis methods, tools, and techniques for projects.
You will be an individual who is able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, with great interpersonal qualities, consulting with project management, engineering, and non-technical staff. As part of this role, you will be required to mentor and coach technical engineers in systems analysis and design.
It is important that you have a desire and want to learn, and this should continue beyond the immediate requirements of the role.
• Collect, understand, and create engineering and support documentation and provide advice regarding applications to enable support functions to work pro-actively.
• Participate in system design.
• Select analysis methods, tools, and techniques for projects.
• Develop and execute comprehensive test cases, check, and document results to ensure the systems technical, functional, and non-functional requirements are met.
• Publish and maintain templates for written documentation produced by others ensuring a consistent “look and feel.”
• Test, launch and help train users in new systems.
• Actively contribute to and improve Creditsafes solutions development lifecycle.
• Provide coaching and mentorship to team members by teaching standards for systems analysis and design to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to perform their role.
• Take full ownership of projects when project management resources have not been allocated.
• Create and contribute to project tasks and milestones. Update all project management and time tracking tools accordingly.
The responsibilities detailed above are not exhaustive and you may be requested to take on additional responsibilities deemed as reasonable by your direct line manager.
• Commercial experience of software and systems development lifecycle.
• A broad knowledge of hardware, software and programming developed through a combination of engineering work, testing, and design/analysis.
• Great analytical skills and an eye for detail.
• Experience of analysing complex IT systems and documenting technical requirements.
• Formal system testing experience, including building test scripts, and conducting systems, unit, and regression testing.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in creating documentation for audiences with different technical levels.
• Ability to work self-sufficiently, with minimal supervision.
• Commercial exposure to CoLo/Azure/AWS environments.
• Degree in Computer Science / related subject, or relevant commercial experience.
• Certification – Azure, AWS, CPRE, CCBA, PMP, Microsoft MCSA and/or MCSE.
• Power BI reporting and dashboard creation.
• Experience of scripting / high level programming language (Python).