Solutions Lead (M365 & SaaS Solutions)
We are looking for a Lead M365 Solutions Specialist with extensive knowledge and passion for Microsoft services to join a growing team of IT engineers. Working alongside the M365 & SaaS Security Lead, you will take ownership of the End User Microsoft M365 stack.
You will have demonstratable experience in designing, implementing, and understanding all operational aspects of the M365 stack as well as extensive experience of managing and owning other SaaS platforms. The primary focus of this role will be on timely delivery and quality of M365 solutions, facilitating service transitions to ensure that requirements are met or exceed.
While this is a hands-on technical role, you are responsible for the day-to-day management of a highly skilled engineering team, providing the support they need to carry out their daily activities.
You will be a proven people leader, passionate about managing your team to develop and succeed and be that point of escalation for the team. A key part of the role is mentoring engineers in their transformation to systems engineers and developing their systems analysis skills.
With a firm understanding of systems analysis and technical documentation, you will work closely with the systems analysts to translate our business needs into new high quality IT systems while mentor and coach technical engineers in systems analysis and design.
It is important that you have a desire and want to learn, and this should continue beyond the immediate requirements of the role.
• Owner of the M365 Solutions stack with responsibility for oversight of design and delivery of the end-to-end solution including integrations with other systems.
• Ensuring the operational health of the M365 environment including security, availability, maintenance, performance, interoperability, and reliability.
• Act as solutions architect and technical lead for M365 solutions.
• Maintain strong working knowledge of the current M365 tools and understand the Microsoft roadmap and its impact to our business.
• Provide 3rd line/deep-dive support where appropriate.
• Leading a team of M365 Solutions engineers.
• Actively contribute to and improve our solutions development lifecycle.
• Work collaboratively with the M365 & SaaS Security Lead.
The responsibilities detailed above are not exhaustive and you may be requested to take on additional responsibilities deemed as reasonable by your direct line manager.
• Detailed technical knowledge and 3+ years’ experience of deploying M365 E5 feature sets.
• Demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft/Office 365 service stack including EM+S, AAD, MS Teams, Teams Room, OneDrive, SharePoint Online, Compliance Features, Power Platform & Exchange Online.
• Experience of working with Microsoft Teams and associated features such as Cloud Voice, Phone System and Direct Routing.
• Proven team management, mentoring, collaboration, and analytical skills.
• Hands-on, demonstrable PowerShell scripting skills.
• Strong knowledge of Power Platform & Power Apps.
• Formal system testing experience.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Ability to work self-sufficiently, with minimal supervision.
• Degree in Computer Science / related subject, or relevant commercial experience.
• Microsoft 365 Certified (MD-100, MD-101, MS-203, MS-700)
• MSP background
• Microsoft 365 Certified Enterprise Administrator Expert (MS-100, MS-101)
• Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500)
• Microsoft 365 Identity and Services (MS-100)
• Microsoft 365 Mobility and Security (MS-101)
• Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies (AZ-300)