Solutions Lead (M365 & SaaS Security)
We are looking for a Lead M365 Security Specialist with extensive knowledge and passion for Microsoft services, security, and cloud, with a strong familiarity with the EM+S suite, ideally underpinned with accreditation to MS-500 and AZ-500 level to join a growing team of IT engineers. Working alongside the Cyber Security Red & Blue teams and the M365 & SaaS Solutions Lead, you will take ownership of the Microsoft M365 Security stack.
You will have demonstratable experience in designing, implementing, and understanding all security aspects of the M365 stack as well as extensive experience of securing other SaaS platforms. The primary focus of this role will be on timely delivery and quality of M365 security solutions, facilitating service transitions to ensure that requirements are met or exceed.
While this is a hands-on technical role, you are responsible for the day-to-day management of a highly skilled engineering team, providing the support they need to carry out their daily activities.
You will be a proven people leader, passionate about managing your team to develop and succeed and be that point of escalation for the team. A key part of the role is mentoring engineers in their transformation to systems engineers and developing their systems analysis skills.
With a firm understanding of systems analysis and technical documentation, you will work closely with the systems analysts to translate our business needs into new high quality IT systems while mentor and coach technical engineers in systems analysis and design.
It is important that you have a desire and want to learn, and this should continue beyond the immediate requirements of the role.
• Owner of the M365 Security stack with responsibility for the delivery of the end-to-end security.
• Ensuring the operational health of the M365 environment including security, availability, maintenance, performance, interoperability, and reliability.
• Act as solutions architect and technical lead for M365 Security.
• Maintain strong working knowledge of the current M365 tools and understand the Microsoft roadmap and its impact to our business.
• Provide 3rd line/deep-dive support where appropriate.
• Leading a team of M365 Security engineers.
• Actively contribute to and improve our solutions development lifecycle.
• Work collaboratively with the M365 & SaaS Solutions Lead and Cyber security teams.
The responsibilities detailed above are not exhaustive and you may be requested to take on additional responsibilities deemed as reasonable by your direct line manager.
• Detailed technical knowledge and 3+ years’ experience of deploying M365 E5 feature sets.
• Demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft/Office 365 service stack including EM+S, AAD, MS Teams, Teams Room, OneDrive, SharePoint Online, Compliance Features, Power Platform & Exchange Online.
• Proven team management, mentoring, collaboration, and analytical skills.
• Hands-on, demonstrable PowerShell scripting skills.
• Strong knowledge of Power Platform & Power Apps.
• Formal system testing experience.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Ability to work self-sufficiently, with minimal supervision.
• Degree in Computer Science / related subject, or relevant commercial experience.
• Microsoft 365 Certified (MS-100, MS-101, MS-500, AZ-500)
• MSP background
• Microsoft 365 Certified Modern Desktop Administrator Associate (MD-100, MD-101)
• Microsoft 365 Certified Messaging Administrator Associate (MS-203)
• Microsoft 365 Certified Teams Administrator Associate (MS-700)
• Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies (AZ-300)