Solutions Lead (Internal Platform Engineering)
We are looking for an experienced Lead platform engineer to implement, maintain, and improve our current and future IT system platforms. You will analyse system requirements, address any functional problems, and create test plans / scripts to perform standard testing while delivering solutions to ensure high levels of performance and security.
Along with having the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and possessing great interpersonal qualities, you will have a proven technical background across Linux and Windows infrastructure on Azure, AWS and on-prem data centres coupled with a solid understanding of networks with systems improvements and infrastructure automation at the core of everything you do.
While this is a hands-on technical role, you are responsible for the day-to-day management of a highly skilled engineering team, providing the support they need to carry out their daily activities.
You will be a proven people leader, passionate about managing your team to develop and succeed and be that point of escalation for the team. A key part of the role is mentoring engineers in their transformation to systems engineers and developing their systems analysis skills.
With a firm understanding of systems analysis and technical documentation, you will work closely with the systems analysts to translate our business needs into new high quality IT systems while mentor and coach technical engineers in systems analysis and design.
It is important that you have a desire and want to learn, and this should continue beyond the immediate requirements of the role.
• Design, document, build and maintain secure on-prem and cloud infrastructure.
• Organise and monitor software and configuration changes.
• Collect requirements, understand them, create engineering / support documentation, and provide advice to enable support functions to work pro-actively.
• Develop and execute comprehensive test cases, check, and document results to ensure the systems technical, functional, and non-functional requirements are met.
• Test, launch and help train users in new systems.
• Actively contribute to and improve Creditsafes solutions development lifecycle.
• Provide coaching and mentorship to team members.
• Provide 3rd line/deep-dive support where appropriate.
The responsibilities detailed above are not exhaustive and you may be requested to take on additional responsibilities deemed as reasonable by their direct line manager.
• 5+ years commercial Azure/CoLo infrastructure management.
• In-depth configuration management, automation and scripting skills including use of a scripting language (Python) and proficiency with shell scripting using PowerShell / Bash.
• Demonstratable commercial experience of Infrastructure as Code tools such as ARM Templating / Terraform / CloudFormation.
• In-depth knowledge of platform and application automated deployment technologies with experience of CI/CD.
• Windows server – 2008(R2), 2012(R2), 2016, 2019
• Linux Server – Ubuntu from 18.04; Redhat derivatives like Centos, Oracle Linux, etc
• Good networks skills (DNS/DHCP, TCP/IP)
• Strong commercial experience of managing complex multi-tier enterprise infrastructure environment.
• Good understanding of a DevSecOps culture.
• Proven team management, mentoring, collaboration, and analytical skills.
• Formal system testing experience of building test scripts and conducting systems, unit, and regression testing.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work self-sufficiently, with minimal supervision.
• Degree in Computer Science / related subject, or relevant commercial experience.
• Certification – Azure, AWS, Microsoft.
• Power BI reporting and dashboard creation.
• In depth knowledge of monitoring tools such as Orion (Solarwinds) / Site 24×7 / Azure Monitor / PRTG tools