Software Engineer (Ref 002)
We are looking for a new software engineer who will become part of our team working primarily on the existing search implementation and on the new Creditsafe web platform using React to create a single unified website for our customers which is supplemented by .Net Core micro service API’s. The ideal candidate will have experience setting up Elasticsearch clusters, tuning search relevancy and has experience in creating and integrating backend API’s mainly written in .NET.
• Experience of Elasticsearch or other Lucene based search engines.
• Building and consuming .Net Rest APIs.
• Understanding of Agile development methodologies.
• Familiarity with cloud technology, preferably AWS.
• Good understanding of GIT.
• Knowledge of automated delivery processes.
• Part of building highly available systems at scale.
• Experience of unit testing frameworks.
• Writing robust, maintainable code.
• Creatively coming up with systematic solutions to problems instead of focusing on one-off fixes.
• Reviewing code.
• Improving scalability and performance of our systems.
• Help support the team in maintaining existing software and infrastructure.
• Play a hands on, role as part of a scrum or Kanban team to, develop, test and maintain high quality systems that fulfil business needs.
• Working closely with the teams to introduce and train them on new tools.
• Write documentation of new processes and products you’ve developed so that knowledge is shared.
• Define and execute practices such as continuous integration and test driven development to enable the rapid delivery of working code.
• Managing, tracking and updating any work done within agile software development tools such as JIRA.
• Teamwork – Encourages cooperation, collaboration and partnerships.
• Quality Improvement – Strives for high quality performance and takes initiative to make improvements and deliver results.
• Problem Solving – Identifies problems and seeks best solutions by being creative and innovative.
Works under general direction. Uses discretion in identifying and responding to complex issues and assignments. Usually receives specific instructions and has work reviewed at frequent milestones. Determines when issues should be escalated to a higher level.
Interacts with and influences colleagues. Has working level contact with customers, suppliers and partners. May supervise others or make decisions which impact the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects.
Performs a range of work, sometimes complex and non routine, in a variety of environments. Applies methodical approach to issue definition and resolution.
Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to issue resolution. Takes the initiative in identifying and negotiating appropriate personal development opportunities. Demonstrates effective communication skills. Contributes fully to the work of teams. Plans, schedules and monitors own work (and that of others where applicable) competently within limited deadlines and according to relevant legislation, standards and procedures. Appreciates the wider business context, and how own role relates to other roles and to the business of the employer or client.