Software Engineer (API)
The developer will become part of the back-end API team and assist us in our transformation to our new cloud-based API platforms. They will be working with technologies such as AWS, Azure, .Net Core, Python and SQL to build Creditsafe’s next generation API’s. The team use Agile methodology (Scrum and Kanban) to deliver high quality work. The successful candidate will be a skilled and enthusiastic developer that prides themselves on delivery. Possessing excellent problem solving skills the successful candidate will be adaptable in using different technologies (both programming and cloud). The role will also require the developer to be able to build solutions to scale. The role is highly based around APIs and integrations.
• Play a hands-on role as part of a Scrum or Kanban team to develop, test and maintain high quality API/integration applications that fulfil business needs.
• Working collaboratively to design, develop and test solutions.
• Proficient in Cloud based technologies, primarily AWS.
• Working closely with the team to help introduce new tools and techniques.
• Write documentation of new processes and products to facilitate knowledge sharing.
• Strong focus on quality. Define and execute practices such as continuous integration and test driven development to enable the rapid delivery of working code.
• Managing, tracking and updating any work done within agile software development tools such as Jira and Azure.
Experience – essential
• 3+ year’s development experience within a commercial environment.
• Experience with C# or a similar language.
• Experience with Python or a similar language.
• Experience of Microsoft .Net Stack including .Net Core
• Experience in hosting scaling APIs in AWS or Azure.
• Experience in implementing REST API’s.
• Knowledge and experience of Agile development methodologies.
• Good understanding of GIT.
Preferred but not essential
• Experience with working with systems that scale well.
• Experience with NodeJS.
• Knowledge of automated delivery processes.
• Knowledge of microservice architecture.
• Knowledge of CI/CD processes.
• Knowledge of cloud platforms, preferably AWS and Azure with solutions like lambda, API Gateway, S3, Terraform
• SQL knowledge. Preferably with Cloud Based Database Systems. DynamoDb, Aurora, MySQL.
• Teamwork – Encourages cooperation, collaboration and partnerships.
• Quality Improvement – Strives for high quality performance and takes initiative to make improvements and deliver results.
• Problem Solving – Identifies problems and seeks best solutions by being creative and innovative
• Driven – Aims at always improving our products by suggesting better ways and methods of achieving our objectives.
Self-driven and works with little supervision from senior staff. Uses discretion in identifying and responding to complex issues and assignments. Usually receives specific instructions and has work reviewed at frequent milestones. Determines when issues should be escalated to a higher level.
Interacts with and influences colleagues. Has working level contact with customers, suppliers and partners. May supervise others or make decisions which impact the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects.
Performs a range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine, in a variety of environments. Applies methodical approach to issue definition and resolution.
Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to issue resolution. Takes the initiative in identifying and negotiating appropriate personal development opportunities. Demonstrates effective communication skills. Contributes fully to the work of teams. Plans, schedules and monitors own work (and that of others where applicable) competently within limited deadlines and according to relevant legislation, standards and procedures. Appreciates the wider business context, and how own role relates to other roles and to the business of the employer or client.
** Please note that the list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the successful candidate may be required to undertake additional tasks or responsibilities from time to time as deemed suitable by the Creditsafe management team.