Working with technologies such as .NET, C#, Azure/AWS and SQL, the engineer will become a key member of a development team building the next generation platform supporting all Creditsafe products. Experienced in Agile methodologies to deliver high quality work, the successful candidate will be a skilled and enthusiastic engineer that prides themselves on delivery. Possessing excellent problem solving skills, the successful candidate will be adaptable in using new and different technologies. Data is at the core of the Creditsafe business so it’s imperative that Creditsafe developers are passionate about building scalable solutions.
• Play a hands on role as part of a Scrum or Kanban team to develop, test and maintain high quality web applications and backend services that fulfil business needs.
• Help support the team in maintaining existing application and data infrastructure.
• Write documentation of new processes and products to facilitate knowledge sharing
• Strong focus on quality.
• Define and execute practices such as continuous integration and test driven development to enable the rapid delivery of working code
• Managing, tracking and updating tickets within agile software development tools such as JIRA and Azure DevOps.
Experience – essential
• 5+ year’s development experience within a commercial environment including operational support.
• Good Experience with .NET C#.
• Good experience with application development using Azure or AWS.
• Experience in using JSON/XML.
• Knowledge and experience of Agile development methodologies.
• Knowledge and experience in SOAP APIs.
• SQL development, e.g. Oracle or SQL Server.
• Experience of Web API and WCF.
• Good understanding of GIT.
Preferred but not essential
• Knowledge of automated delivery processes, including Azure DevOps Pipelines.
• Qualified to degree level in software engineering or equivalent.
• Experience of migrating monolith applications to cloud-based micro services.
• Working in distributed development teams.
Encourages cooperation, collaboration and partnerships, within the team and between teams.
Strives for high quality performance and takes initiative to make improvements and deliver results.
Identifies problems and seeks best solutions by being creative and innovative.
Works under general direction. Uses discretion in identifying and responding to complex issues and assignments. Usually receives specific instructions and has work reviewed at frequent milestones. Determines when issues should be escalated to a higher level.
Interacts with and influences colleagues. Has working level contact with customers, suppliers and partners. May supervise others or make decisions which impact the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects.
Supports the development of the team by sharing knowledge and expertise, uses an effective coaching style and/or mentoring approach to create discussions about problems and potential solutions in order for the team to find the best solution.
** Please note that the list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the successful candidate may be required to undertake additional tasks or responsibilities from time to time as deemed suitable by the Creditsafe management team