We are looking for a mid-level full stack Software Engineer to will become a key member of the Back Office team building the next generation platform supporting all Creditsafe products. Experienced in Agile methodologies, the successful candidate will be a skilled and enthusiastic developer that prides themselves on quality. Possessing excellent problem solving skills, the successful candidate will be adaptable in using different technologies. Data is at the core of the Creditsafe business so it’s imperative that Creditsafe developers are passionate about building scalable solutions.
• Play a hands on, role as part of a scrum or Kanban team to; develop, test and maintain high quality web applications and backend services that fulfil business needs.
• Help support the team in maintaining existing software and data infrastructure.
• Working closely with the teams to introduce and train them on new tools.
• Write documentation of new processes and products to facilitate knowledge sharing
• Strong focus on quality. Define and execute practices such as continuous integration and test driven development to enable the rapid delivery of working code.
• Managing, tracking and updating tickets within agile software development tools such as JIRA and Azure DevOps.
Experience – essential
• 3+ year’s development experience within a commercial environment including operational support.
• Good experience with .NET C#.
• Experience of WebAPI and WCF.
• Experience in using JSON/XML.
• Experience with Azure and deploying APIs.
• Knowledge and experience of Agile development methodologies.
• Knowledge and experience in SOAP APIs.
• Good understanding of GIT.
• An understanding of cloud platforms, preferably AWS and Azure.
Preferred but not essential
• Knowledge of automated delivery processes, including Azure DevOps Pipelines.
• Qualified to degree level in software engineering or equivalent.
• Experience of migrating monolith applications to cloud-based micro services.
• Knowledge of automated delivery processes.
• SQL development, e.g. Oracle SQL Server.
Encourages cooperation, collaboration and partnerships, within the team and between teams.
Strives for high quality performance and takes initiative to make improvements and deliver results
Identifies problems and seeks best solutions by being creative and innovative.
Works under general direction. Uses discretion in identifying and responding to complex issues and assignments. Usually receives specific instructions and has work reviewed at frequent milestones. Determines when issues should be escalated to a higher level.
Interacts with and influences colleagues. Has working level contact with customers, suppliers and partners. May supervise others or make decisions which impact the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects.
Performs a range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine, in a variety of environments. Applies methodical approach to issue definition and resolution.
Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to issue resolution. Takes the initiative in identifying and negotiating appropriate personal development opportunities. Demonstrates effective communication skills. Contributes fully to the work of teams. Plans, schedules and monitors own work (and that of others where applicable) competently within limited deadlines and according to relevant legislation, standards and procedures. Appreciates the wider business context, and how own role relates to other roles and to the business of the employer or client.
** Please note that the list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the successful candidate may be required to undertake additional tasks or responsibilities from time to time as deemed suitable by the Creditsafe management team.