Working with technologies such as .NET, C#, Azure and SQL, the developer will become a key member of the Back Office team building the next generation platform supporting all Creditsafe applications. Experienced in Agile methodologies to deliver high quality work, the successful candidate will be a skilled and enthusiastic developer that prides themselves on delivery. Possessing excellent problem solving skills, the successful candidate will be adaptable in using different technologies. Data is at the core of the Creditsafe business so it’s imperative that Creditsafe developers are passionate about building scalable solutions.
• Play a hands on, role as part of a scrum or Kanban team to; develop, test and maintain high quality web applications and backend services that fulfil business needs.
• Help support the team in maintaining existing software and data infrastructure.
• Working closely with the teams to introduce and train them on new tools.
• Write documentation of new processes and products to facilitate knowledge sharing
• Strong focus on quality. Define and execute practices such as continuous integration and test driven development to enable the rapid delivery of working code
• Managing, tracking and updating tickets within agile software development tools such as JIRA and Azure DevOps.
Experience – essential
• 3+ year’s development experience within a commercial environment including operational support.
• Good Experience with .NET C#.
• Experience of WebAPI and WCF.
• Experience with Azure and deploying APIs.
• Experience in using JSON/XML.
• Knowledge and experience of Agile development methodologies.
• Knowledge and experience in SOAP APIs.
• Good understanding of GIT, UML.
Preferred but not essential
• An understanding of cloud platforms, preferably Azure.
• Knowledge of automated delivery processes, including Azure DevOps Pipelines.
• Qualified to degree level in software engineering or equivalent.
• Experience of migrating monolith applications to cloud-based micro services.
• Web application development frameworks such as React or Angular.
• SQL development, e.g. Oracle SQL Server.
• Coaching/Mentoring – Supports the development of the team by sharing knowledge and expertise, uses an effective coaching style and/or mentoring approach to create discussions about problems and potential solutions in order for the team to find the best solution.
• Teamwork – Encourages cooperation, collaboration and partnerships, within the team and between teams
• Quality Improvement – Strives for high quality performance and takes initiative to make improvements and deliver results
• Problem Solving – Identifies problems and seeks best solutions by being creative and innovative
• Autonomy – Self-driven, works with little supervision from senior staff
• Driven – aims at always improving our products by suggesting better ways and methods of achieving our objectives
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge onto other team members
** Please note that the list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the successful candidate may be required to undertake additional tasks or responsibilities from time to time as deemed suitable by the Creditsafe management team.