Service Transition Manager
This role will report directly to the Head of Service Management and will lead all service design and transition activities across Creditsafe’s Production and internal IT estates.
The Service Transition Manager will lead, plan and coordinate service design and transition activities across Creditsafe departments, functions, projects and suppliers. Working closely with Product Management, Engineering, Service Management and Security teams they will ensure that new or changed IT Products and Services are ready for life in production.
Whilst operating the Service Transition process they will identify and manage risks to the operation of IT Services as a result of Service Transition activities.
*Please note that this list is not exhaustive. Direct line management of this role may request that other reasonable responsibilities / tasks be assigned to this role
- Own and run the service design and transition process to ensure successful operation of new and changed services, including public/private cloud planning, service support modelling, vendor interaction/management, SLA design, KPI design, team resource planning, revision of operational processes, resolver group planning and other aspects required to ensure a smooth delivery into production and the appropriate quality of service thereafter
- Own and be accountable for the production of the Service Design Package for each change that enters the Service Transition process, ensuring that contributions are of an appropriate standard
- Verify that technical designs for new or changed services incorporate appropriate implementations of availability, continuity, capacity and security management standards
- Define appropriate operational procedures to support and maintain the Service and negotiate with capability owners to identify process managers and owners
- Capture and manage any risks to Service and ensure these are managed appropriately
- Negotiate and define service performance levels considering the needs of the business and capacity of stakeholders in the supply chain
- Ensure that the change management policy and process is followed by Change initiators introducing new or changing existing services in production
- Ensure that new IT assets and configuration items are identified and are captured within the configuration management system during service transition
- Ensure that new supplier details and contractual commitments are captured during service transition and are incorporated into service operating procedures
- Ensure that appropriate training is delivered to Support personnel based on the Service Design Package
- Identify Service Transition process improvement and optimisation opportunities and contribute to the implementation of proposed solutions
- Maintain good knowledge and understanding of all relevant policies and procedures relevant to the role, being compliant with these policies and procedures at all times
All members of the department will participate in regular 1-2-1 and appraisal meetings with their line manager to set personal business objectives, discuss their progress and formulate personal development plans to aid your career progression.
- Take responsibility for, and own, your personal development plan and business objectives
- Schedule regular 1-2-1 meetings
- Prepare for and document the outcome of your 1-2-1 meetings
- University degree in a related subject or;
- 5 years+ experience of working in an IT Service Management role
None required, though the following are desirable
- ITIL v3 / v4 Foundation
- Agile Practitioner
- AWS Cloud Practitioner
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- O365, Sharepoint, Teams
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Simple Accounting
Experience, knowledge, skills and personal characteristics
- The ability to effectively develop and manage strong working relationships both internal and external to the business
- Highly developed communication skills – communicating effectively and in a timely manner using appropriate communication tools and techniques
- Creativity / Innovation – Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Proven track-record of operating in a transition management role
- Experience of Service Transition in an Agile culture
- Experience of managing operational IT processes e.g.
- Capacity/demand management
- Procurement and Asset Management
- Event Management
- Incident and Problem Management
- Service Design and Transition
- Service Level Management, including SLA / KPI design and detailed, regular, diligent reporting
- Strong on process but able to make sensible adaptations where needed.
- Experience of ITIL based IT Operations methodology
- Ability to gain, build and maintain stakeholder trust.