Service Desk Technology Engineer – 2nd Line
Reporting directly to the Service Desk Manager, the Service Desk Technology Engineer is responsible for the entire lifecycle of all service events, incidents and requests.
Technology Engineers provide 2nd line support in the Service Desk and also perform operations bridge based activities. As a Technology Engineer you will have a good technical background across a variety of Microsoft and Apple based operating systems and applications, you will also have a basic knowledge of network support.
- Provide technical assistance and where possible first time fix for IT incidents and requests escalated from Analysts
- Troubleshoot and resolve network and desktop/laptop/server problems.
- Take a leading role in the analysis and resolution of problems.
- Document resolutions for future reference using IT Service desk software.
- Ensure that calls assigned to 2nd line are being dealt with and meeting SLAs.
- During exceptional periods, support the Service Desk Analysts by answering calls from all parts of the company across the globe.
- Monitoring of Event Management Toolsets and taking the appropriate action for alerts that are generated.
- Carry out proactive maintenance tasks to support the availability of systems e.g.
- managing server drive space.
- application of O/S fix packs to desktops/laptops though WSUS.
- hot adding memory/CPU to servers.
- Complete 2nd line user administration requests.
- Installation of new software on laptops.
- Supporting infrastructure strategy planning.
- Assist Senior Technology Engineers with the production and management of the Capacity Plan.
- Assist with generating weekly and monthly SLA reports for Managers from the Service Desk system.
- Mentoring other team members.
- Work with other teams on problems and projects when needed.
- Supporting the development of, and adherence to standards and processes.
- Promoting continuous improvement and best practice within the department.
- Using IT Help Desk Software (e.g. Assyst, Remedy)
- Supporting MS Windows environments
- Computer and network hardware including peripherals and printers
- Windows desktop support
- Windows server support (2008 / R2 & 2012/ R2)
- WPAD management
- Active Directory Management
- Citrix (XenApp)
- Telephony (preferably Avaya)
- Exchange (2007, 2010, 2013)/Office 365 configuration and support
- Apple Mac support
- VMWare 5.x / 6
- General networking skills (FTP, SFTP DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP)
• Administration of Event/Alert Management systems (e.g. Solarwinds (NPM/SAM/VMAN), Site 24/7)
• Experience of AWS hosted systems and services
3+ years’ experience:
• working in an enterprise IT support function
• supporting windows server environments
• supporting Exchange server
• supporting Citrix
• administering telephony systems
• A European language other than English
• Previous experience of Solarwinds toolsets or Site 24/7
• MCSA Windows Server Certification
• ITIL Foundation Level Certification
Company Outline and Working Environment:
Our journey began in Oslo, Norway in 1997, where we had a dream of using the then revolutionary internet to deliver instant access company credit reports to small and medium size businesses. From there, we opened a further 15 offices throughout Europe, The USA and Asia.
Working with businesses of all shapes and sizes, we provide trusted insight obtained through solid data sources and intuitive platforms, enabling businesses to make better-informed credit decisions. Privately owned and independently minded, we’re now the world’s most-used provider of on-line company credit reports and officially one of the best companies to work for in the UK for 7 consecutive years.
We currently have over 100,000 customers worldwide, employ over 1200 ‘Creditsafers’ globally, and have 16 offices in 14 countries worldwide.
Our continued growth and success is attributed to the passion that our employees have for our business, this is evident in all of our operations world-wide and something that we’re extremely proud of.
Our Group office in Cardiff Bay (which is where this role is based) is an exciting and vibrant place to work, with:
• A range of workplace entertainment including; Table tennis, Pool Table, Darts, Games Consoles
• Break and chill out areas, including a modern tiered seating area
• Music throughout the office that our team members control
• Free fresh fruit, coffee and tea provided for all employees
• Employee Forum consisting of representative from all department and business functions so you can get your voice heard loud and clear and help the company make decisions.
• We also run a range of activities both inside and outside work, to cater to many interests, coordinated by our Employee Engagement team and inspired by our employees
Other employee benefits include:
• AXA Private Healthcare
• Pension Plan
• Life Assurance
• 25 days annual leave & 8 bank holidays
• Online Learning Access: Creditsafe Dojo eLearning & Plural site
• Learning & Development Opportunities
• Wellbeing Programme including: Cycle to work scheme / Qtrly massages / Various fitness classes & gym membership discount /Mental health first aiders
• 24/7 access to an employee assistance programme (EAP)
• Employee discounts (access to Reward Gateway)