Service Desk – Technology Engineer (2nd line)
Reporting directly to the Service Desk Manager, the Service Desk Technology Engineer is responsible for the entire lifecycle of all service events, incidents and requests.
Technology Engineers provide 2nd line support in the Service Desk and also perform operations bridge based activities. As a Technology Engineer you will have a good technical background across a variety of Microsoft and Apple based operating systems and applications, you will also have a basic knowledge of network support.
• Provide technical assistance and where possible first time fix for IT incidents and requests escalated from Analysts
• Troubleshoot and resolve network and desktop/laptop/server problems.
• Take a leading role in the analysis and resolution of problems
• Document resolutions for future reference using IT Service desk software.
• Ensure that calls assigned to 2nd line are being dealt with and meeting SLAs.
• During exceptional periods, support the Service Desk Analysts by answering calls from all parts of the company across the globe
• Monitoring of Event Management Toolsets and taking the appropriate action for alerts that are generated
• Carry out proactive maintenance tasks to support the availability of systems e.g.
o managing server drive space
o application of O/S fix packs to desktops/laptops though WSUS
o hot adding memory/CPU to servers
• Complete 2nd line user administration requests
• Installation of new software on laptops
• Supporting infrastructure strategy planning
• Assist Senior Technology Engineers with the production and management of the Capacity Plan
• Assist with generating weekly and monthly SLA reports for Managers from the Service Desk system.
• Mentoring other team members
• Work with other teams on problems and projects when needed
• Supporting the development of, and adherence to standards and processes
• Promoting continuous improvement and best practice within the department
• Using IT Help Desk Software (e.g. Assyst, Remedy)
• AWS Cloud Technologies
• Windows server support (2008 / R2 & 2012/ R2 & 2016 & 2019) including IIS, Process explorer & Event Logs
• Core Network management, monitoring and reporting
• Extensive FTP, SFTP DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP experience
• Good understanding of firewall rules and proxy configuration
• Active Directory Management & GPO maintenance across multiple domains
• Citrix (XenApp)
• Exchange (2007, 2010, 2013)/Office 365 configuration and support, including Intune, Compliance & Security
• VMWare 5.x / 6
• Administration of Solarwinds (NPM/SAM/VMAN) & Site 24/7
• Experience of AWS hosted systems and services
3+ years’ experience:
• working in an enterprise IT support function
• supporting windows server environments
• supporting Exchange server
• supporting Citrix
• Microsoft Certified Associate
• CCNA or CCNP Certification
• ITIL Foundation Level Certification
• AWS Cloud Practitioner