Service Desk Senior Technology Engineer – 3rd Line
Reporting directly to the Service Desk Manager, the Service Desk Senior Technology Engineer is responsible for the entire lifecycle of all service events, incidents and requests.
Senior Technology Engineers provide a 3rd line support capability for the Service Desk, focusing on complex incidents and problems and implementing service improvements such as tuning the current service platform and event management toolsets. As a Senior Technology Engineer you will have an exceptional technical background across a variety of Microsoft, Apple and Linux based operating systems and applications and you will also have a working knowledge of network support.
- Provide technical assistance and where possible first time fix for complex IT incidents and requests escalated from Technology Engineers
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex network and desktop/laptop/server problems
- Take a leading role in the analysis and resolution of complex problems
- Document resolutions for future reference using IT Service desk software
- Ensure that calls assigned to 3nd line are being dealt with and meeting SLAs.
- Conduct proactive maintenance tasks to support the availability of systems e.g.
- application of O/S fix packs to servers
- BIOS updates to resolve service events
- add/swap out of physical components in servers (for capacity upgrades and to resolve service events)
- Support the production of the Capacity Plan and optimize the performance of components/services in line with the Capacity Plan
- Tuning Event Management Toolsets
- Mentoring other team members
- Actively involved in reviewing designs created by the Technology Engineering Group and providing input where necessary.
- Supporting infrastructure strategy planning
- Leading the development of, and adherence to standards and processes
- Work with other COG teams on problems and projects when needed
- Promoting continuous improvement and best practice within the department
- Using IT Help Desk Software (e.g. Assyst, Remedy)
- Windows desktop support
- Citrix (XenApp)
- Windows server support and administration (2008 / R2 & 2012/ R2)
- WPAD management
- Active Directory Management
- Citrix (XenApp)
- Telephony (preferably Avaya)
- Exchange (2007, 2010, 2013)/Office 365 configuration and support
- Apple Mac support
- Cent O/S Linux administration
- Shared storage administration (e.g. Dell EqualLogic / Compellent, Nexenta)
- vSphere 5.x administration, VMWare 5.x / 6
- Cisco & Dell networking (Inc. switches, firewalls, routers, WiFi)
- Citrix Systems NetScaler administration
- Web proxy administration
- Networking skills (sub-netting, DNS, DHCP, STP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP and BGP, MPLS technologies)
- Understanding of OSI and TCP/IP models
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Administration of AWS servers and infrastructure
- Administration of Event/Alert Management systems (e.g. Solarwinds (NPM/SAM/VMAN), Site 24/7)
- Enterprise backup
- Web & email security
- working in an enterprise IT support function
- administering Windows server environments
- administering Exchange server
- administering Citrix
- administering Telephony systems
- administering Enterprise LAN / WAN networks
- Previous experience of administration in AWS
- Previous experience of Solarwinds toolsets or Site 24/7
- A European language other than English
- MCSA Windows Server Certification
- Cisco Certified Network Professional
- ITIL Foundation Level Certification
- A range of workplace entertainment including; Table tennis, Pool Table, Darts, Games Consoles
- Break and chill out areas, including a modern tiered seating area
- Music throughout the office that our team members control
- Free fresh fruit, coffee and tea provided for all employees
- Employee Forum consisting of representative from all department and business functions so you can get your voice heard loud and clear and help the company make decisions.
- We also run a range of activities both inside and outside work, to cater to many interests, coordinated by our Employee Engagement team and inspired by our employees
- AXA Private Healthcare
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave & 8 bank holidays
- Online Learning Access: Creditsafe Dojo eLearning & Plural site
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing Programme including: Cycle to work scheme / Qtrly massages / Various fitness classes & gym membership discount /Mental health first aiders
- 24/7 access to an employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Employee discounts (access to Reward Gateway)
5+ years’ experience:
Company Outline and Working Environment:
Our journey began in Oslo, Norway in 1997, where we had a dream of using the then revolutionary internet to deliver instant access company credit reports to small and medium size businesses. From there, we opened a further 15 offices throughout Europe, The USA and Asia.
Working with businesses of all shapes and sizes, we provide trusted insight obtained through solid data sources and intuitive platforms, enabling businesses to make better-informed credit decisions. Privately owned and independently minded, we’re now the world’s most-used provider of on-line company credit reports and officially one of the best companies to work for in the UK for 7 consecutive years.
We currently have over 100,000 customers worldwide, employ over 1200 ‘Creditsafers’ globally, and have 16 offices in 14 countries worldwide.
Our continued growth and success is attributed to the passion that our employees have for our business, this is evident in all of our operations world-wide and something that we’re extremely proud of.
Our Group office in Cardiff Bay (which is where this role is based) is an exciting and vibrant place to work, with:
Other employee benefits include: