Senior Technology Engineer (Infrastructure)
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, you will have a proven technical background and be responsible for the complete lifecycle of core IT infrastructure & end user services across a hybrid, multi cloud environment, supporting a variety of Microsoft & Linux based operating systems & applications. Your ability to create technical documentation will be essential for all new services being transitioned to live operations.
You will be working in a fast-paced Agile environment and having an ability and willingness to jump in and get involved is essential. This role covers a wide range of existing and emerging technologies and will be predominantly internal user facing. You will be able to work within high pressure environments and appreciate the need for flexible working hours within a 24×7 global operation, and be able to travel abroad when required.
• Design, configuration & implementation of (and Tier 4 support of):
o Physical and virtual server infrastructure and storage
o Backup & Disaster recovery
o Office 365 & Email services
o End user device management, Citrix and End user operating systems
o Desk side telephony
o Printing services
o Availability monitoring / reporting tools
o Capacity management & availability
• Scale and optimize infrastructure systems continuously to support business growth
• Have a willingness to participate in a 24/7 on call rota as required
** The responsibilities above are not exhaustive and you may be requested to perform additional duties / take on additional responsibilities deemed as reasonable by your line manager.
I.T. Proficiency (Essential)
• Extensive experience of managing VMWare 6.x environments
• Extensive Windows Server experience (2012 / 2016 / 2019)
• SAN storage (Dell EqualLogic / Compellent)
• Linux (CentOS / Ubuntu)
• Office 365 deployment and support
• Windows 10 administration and deployment experience
• Citrix Xenapp configuration and support
• General networking skills (DNS/DHCP, TCP/IP)
• Commercial experience of AWS / Azure environments
• Backup & Disaster Recovery
• Experience of infrastructure monitoring tools (SolarWinds / Site 24×7 / PRTG)
• Certification: ITIL / VMware Certified Professional (VCP-DCV) / AWS / MCSA / MCSE
I.T. Proficiency (Desirable)
• Working knowledge of a high-level programming language & PowerShell scripting
• Configuration management & Infrastructure as Code
• Degree in Computing Science or related subject, or relevant commercial experience
Core skills and attributes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Presentations and documentation)
• Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience.
• Be proactive and use initiative to be accountable for your own workload.
• Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
• A willingness to share knowledge and mentor other team members while improving communication among employees.