Senior Network Engineer
Reporting to the Networks Manager, the Network Engineering team are responsible for the complete lifecycle of all on premise & cloud-based networking infrastructure and its associated end user services. Team members will have a proven technical background across corporate network management along with a combination of Linux and Windows server experience on AWS, Azure, Colocation and in-house infrastructure.
The nature of the role will be to work on interesting and large scale global networks projects along with taking escalations from the support team and keeping the lights on.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years networking engineering experience, coupled with certifications in either Cisco CCNA or CCDA. Experience of working in a Data Centre environment is seen as highly desirable along with a willingness to travel and to participate in a 24/7 on call rota as required.
• Design, configure & implement:
– Core Network services
– Automated infrastructure configuration & deployment
– Availability monitoring / reporting tools
– Capacity management & availability
– Managing faults with ISPs/third parties
• Defining core network infrastructure technical architecture
• Scale and optimize network infrastructure systems continuously to support business growth
• Maintain complete technical solution documentation
The responsibilities detailed above are not exhaustive and the Networks team may be requested to take on additional responsibilities deemed as reasonable by their direct line manager.
I.T. Proficiency (Essential)
• 3-5 years commercial experience of enterprise grade networking hardware installation and support (inc. switches, firewalls, routers, Wi-Fi access points)
• In depth Knowledge of LAN/WLAN/WAN support for voice, data and video networks
• Deep understanding of TCP/IP, layer 2 and layer 3 routing, IPsec/SSL VPNs
• Working knowledge of MPLS and hybrid cloud network connectivity IPSEC/Direct Connect
• Network performance evaluation, monitoring and optimization experience
• Supporting Linux and Windows server – 2012(R2) -2019 network stacks
• Comprehensive experience of monitoring tools such as Solarwinds / Site 24×7 / CloudWatch / PRTG
• Managing workloads through a workload management toolset
I.T. Proficiency (Desirable)
• CCNA or CCNP qualified
• In depth practical experience of AWS / MS Azure environments, specifically networking
• Practical knowledge of SolarWinds Network Automation and Python scripting
• Configuration management & Infrastructure as Code
• Linux (CentOS / Ubuntu)
• HAPEE Load Balancer configuration and management