Senior/Mid Software Engineer
The developer will become part of the back end API team. They will be working with technologies such as .NET, C#, Azure, Java, Mulesoft (enterprise service bus and API builder framework), SQL and AWS to build Creditsafe’s next generation API’s. The team use Agile methodology (Scrum) to deliver high quality work. The successful candidate will be a skilled and enthusiastic developer that prides themselves on delivery. Possessing excellent problem solving skills the successful candidate will be adaptable in using different technologies. Data is at the core of the Creditsafe business so it’s imperative that Creditsafe developers are passionate about building scalable solutions.
• Play a hands on role as part of a scrum or kanban team to; develop, test and maintain high quality web applications and backend services that fulfil business needs.
• Help design, implement and maintain high availability and scalable APIs.
• Help support the team in maintaining existing software and data infrastructure.
• Working closely with the team to introduce and train them on new tools.
• Write documentation of new processes and products to facilitate knowledge sharing.
• Strong focus on quality. Define and execute practices such as continuous integration and test driven development to enable the rapid delivery of working code.
• Managing, tracking and updating any work done within agile software development tools such as JIRA.
Experience – essential
• 5+ year’s development experience within a commercial environment.
• Strong Experience with .NET C#.
• Experience WebAPI and WCF.
• Experience with Azure and deploying APIs.
• Experience in implementing highly scalable REST API’s.
• Experience in using JSON/XML.
• Experience in data mapping technologies (XSLT, Map Force etc).
• Knowledge and experience of Agile development methodologies.
• Knowledge and experience in SOAP APIs.
• Good understanding of GIT, UML.
Preferred but not essential
• An understanding of cloud platforms, preferably AWS, Apigee, MuleSoft etc.
• Knowledge of automated delivery processes.
• Qualified to degree level in software engineering or equivalent.
• Coaching/Mentoring – Supports the development of the team by sharing knowledge and expertise, uses an effective coaching style and/or mentoring approach to create discussions about problems and potential solutions in order for the team to find the best solution.
• Teamwork – Encourages cooperation, collaboration and partnerships, within the team and between teams.
• Quality Improvement – Strives for high quality performance and takes initiative to make improvements and deliver results.
• Problem Solving – Identifies problems and seeks best solutions by being creative and innovative.
• Autonomy – Self-driven and works with little supervision from senior staff.
• Driven – Aims at always improving our products by suggesting better ways and methods of achieving our objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge onto other team members.
** Please note that the list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the successful candidate may be required to undertake additional tasks or responsibilities from time to time as deemed suitable by the Creditsafe management team.