Senior Java Software Engineer
The developer will become part of the back end API team. They will be working with technologies such as Java, Groovy, Mulesoft (enterprise service bus and API builder framework), SQL and AWS to build Creditsafe’s next generation API’s. The team use Agile methodology (Scrum) to deliver high quality work. The successful candidate will be a skilled and enthusiastic developer that prides themselves on delivery. Possessing excellent problem solving skills the successful candidate will be adaptable in using different technologies. Data is at the core of the Creditsafe business so it’s imperative that Creditsafe developers are passionate about building scalable solutions.
• Play a hands on role as part of a Scrum or Kanban team to develop, test and maintain high quality web applications and backend services that fulfil business needs.
• Help support the team in maintaining existing software and data infrastructure.
• Working closely with the team to introduce and train them on new tools.
• Write documentation of new processes and products to facilitate knowledge sharing.
• Strong focus on quality. Define and execute practices such as continuous integration and test driven development to enable the rapid delivery of working code.
• Managing, tracking and updating any work done within agile software development tools such as JIRA.
Experience – essential
• 5+ year’s development experience within a commercial environment.
• Experience with Java or a similar language (e.g. C#).
• Experience in implementing REST API’s.
• Knowledge and experience of Agile development methodologies.
• Good understanding of GIT.
Preferred but not essential
• Experience with working with systems that scale well.
• An understanding of cloud platforms, preferably AWS, APIGEE, Tibco and Dell Boomi.
• Knowledge of automated delivery processes.
• Knowledge of microservice architecture.
• Coaching/Mentoring – Supports the development of the team by sharing knowledge and expertise, using an effective coaching style and/or mentoring approach to create discussions about problems and potential solutions in order for the team to find the best solution.
• Teamwork – Encourages cooperation, collaboration and partnerships, within the team and between teams.
• Quality Improvement – Strives for high quality performance and takes initiative to make improvements and deliver results.
• Problem Solving – Identifies problems and seeks best solutions by being creative and innovative.
• Autonomy – Self-driven and works with little supervision from senior staff.
• Driven – Aims at always improving our products by suggesting better ways and methods of achieving our objectives.
** Please note that the list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the successful candidate may be required to undertake additional tasks or responsibilities from time to time as deemed suitable by the Creditsafe management team.
This is a very exciting time within Creditsafe as we update the majority of our technology stack and modernise all of our processes. The Delivery team are at the heart Creditsafe, building new products with cutting edge technology whilst continuing to support our existing products.
Career development is a real thing at Creditsafe!
- Your personal development is key to our success and we aim to make internal career development achievable
- We continually look to provide opportunities for learning new skills, technologies and improving the way work
At Creditsafe we strive to be a disrupting influence within our sector and have a lot of fun doing it!
- We dare to be different and stand out in a crowded marketplace.
- We believe everyone should have a fair chance to voice their opinion and contribute to the success of the company.
- We aim to be proactive and challenge ourselves every day to do better.
- We are a very fast moving company and the pace at which we change is something our competitors wish they could achieve.
- Our head office in Cardiff Bay (which is where this role is based) is an exciting and vibrant place to work, with:
- Fruit, coffee and tea provided for all employees.
- A range of workplace entertainment including; Table tennis, Darts, Games consoles and a Stage.
- Break and chill out areas
- Music throughout the office that our team members control
- New for 2018 we have introduced a House Cup competition, you’ll have to join us to find out more.
- Employee Forum consisting of representative from all department and business functions so you can get your voice heard loud and clear, you help the company make decisions.
- We run a range of activities both inside and outside work, to cater to many interests, coordinated and inspired by our Employee Engagement team
Other employee benefits include:
- AXA private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Wellbeing programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly massages
- Various fitness classes
- Mental health first aiders
- 24/7 access to an employee assistance programme
- Employee discounts ( access to PERKZ)