Senior Cloud Engineer
Along with having the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and possessing great interpersonal qualities, you will have a proven technical background across Linux and Windows infrastructure on Azure and on-prem data centres. You will have a solid understanding of networks with systems improvements and infrastructure automation at the core of everything you do.
Responsibilities will include building and improving CI/CD pipelines, provisioning, maintaining, and monitoring secure and scalable infrastructure assets on-prem and within the Azure.
• Design, document, build and maintain secure on-prem and cloud infrastructure.
• Organise and monitor software and configuration changes.
• Create architectural blueprints, standards, high and low level designs.
• Automate repetitive processes.
• Provide metrics and operational support.
• Understand the Microsoft roadmap and its impact to our business.
• Provide 4th line/deep-dive technical support where appropriate.
• Keep internal procedures and documents up to date in a timely manner
• Provide effective knowledge transfer and upskilling to relevant personnel.
• Work collaboratively and engage with IT and non-IT functions
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code e.g. Terraform, ARM templates.
• A strong desire to solve challenges through automation and self-service.
• PowerShell, JSON, Source Control experience.
• Proven experience with CICD tools such as Azure DevOps pipelines, GitHub
• On-prem data centre infrastructure management experience (Physical and VMWare).
• Experienced in a Windows and Linux environment.
• Familiarity with networking principals (Switches, Routers, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, VLAN etc.)
• Ability to guide operational teams as required during high priority incidents.
• Easy to work with, open, honest, and a good sense of humour.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Degree in Computer Science / related subject, or relevant commercial experience.
• Azure Certification.
• MSP background.
• Formal system testing experience.
• Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Orion (Solarwinds) / Site 24×7 / Azure Monitor / PRTG.
• Company Laptop supplied.
• Bonus Scheme.
• 25 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays).
• Hybrid working model.
• Healthcare & Company Pension.
• Cycle to work and Wellbeing Programme.
• Global Company gatherings and events.
• E-learning and excellent career progression opportunities.
• Plus more that can be found on the benefits section on the Careers page, https://careers.creditsafe.com/gb/