Lead Automation Test & QA Engineer
As an experienced Lead Test Automation and QA engineer you will join our engineering team here at Creditsafe, responsible for driving the adoption of recognised best practice and policy and contribute to the ongoing improvement of QA methodologies and assets including development of automated test strategies across the engineering department.
You will help nurture a culture of continuous learning and innovation within the QA area. Presenting proposals and providing automation strategies across the department. You will have experience in working with modern front-end testing frameworks and leading the adoption of test strategies across all software engineering technology stacks
• Automation testing
• Knowledge of BDD, UAT and regression testing practices
• Understanding of Agile development methodologies
• Familiarity with cloud technology, preferably AWS and/or Azure DevOps
• Knowledge of automated delivery processes
• Demonstrate effective leadership and analytical skills
• Experience liaising with internal and external clients
• Good understanding of GIT
• Azure devops
• To lead the development, implementation and ongoing improvement of our automation and QA strategies.
• Manage QA and Test resources across multiple geographical areas.
• To prepare and maintain test scripts for use on automated testing tools.
• Responsible for carrying out functional, non-functional and user acceptance testing to ensure that high quality standards are achieved at all times for all software releases.
• Work closely with the Development team to ensure work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and the quality requirements.
• Manage and coordinate regression tests.
• Play a hands on, role as part of a scrum or Kanban team to identify and improve incomplete requirements and develop, test and maintain high quality web applications and backend services that fulfil business needs
• Working closely with the teams to introduce and train them on new tools and best practices.
• Write documentation of new processes and products you’ve developed so that knowledge is shared
• Strong focus on quality. Define and execute practices such as continuous integration and test driven development to enable the rapid delivery of working code.
• Managing, tracking and updating any work done within agile software development tools such as JIRA, TFS or Azure Boards
• Teamwork – Encourages cooperation, collaboration and partnerships
• Quality Improvement – Strives for high quality performance and takes initiative to make improvements and deliver results.
• Problem Solving – Identifies problems and seeks best solutions by being creative and innovative
Works under general direction. Uses discretion in identifying and responding to complex issues and assignments. Usually receives specific instructions and has work reviewed at frequent milestones. Determines when issues should be escalated to a higher level.
Interacts with and influences colleagues. Has working level contact with customers, suppliers and partners. May supervise others or make decisions which impact the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects.
Performs a range of work, sometimes complex and non routine, in a variety of environments. Applies methodical approach to issue definition and resolution.
Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to issue resolution. Takes the initiative in identifying and negotiating appropriate personal development opportunities. Demonstrates effective communication skills. Contributes fully to the work of teams. Plans, schedules and monitors own work (and that of others where applicable) competently within limited deadlines and according to relevant legislation, standards and procedures. Appreciates the wider business context, and how own role relates to other roles and to the business of the employer or client.