IT Change Manager
This role is currently home-based due to the Covid-19 emergency however there is availability to work in the office space in Cardiff Bay if preferred. When the time is right we will transition to a balanced approach to hybrid working, requiring some office and some remote working.
Reporting to the Deputy Head of Service Management, the IT Change Manager is responsible for the overall IT Change Management Process. As the IT Change Manager your primary objective will be to ensure that Changes are recorded and then evaluated, authorised, prioritised, planned, tested, implemented, documented and reviewed in a controlled manner whilst also ensuring that Creditsafe’s Change Management Policy is adhered to at all times.
As the IT Change Manager you will actively manage Change Requests across multiple technologies:
• Server and Storage infrastructure
• Network infrastructure
• Public Cloud infrastructure
• Software development tools
• Database configuration changes
• Service Management tools
• Monitoring/reporting tools
• Infrastructure tools
• Desktop operating systems
• Desktop applications
• Data backups
• Disaster recovery
• Other 3rd party solutions such as Office 365
You will work to continually improve the change management process ensuring it meets current and future business and legislative requirements.
As the Change Manager you will have exposure to senior staff and therefore you will need to be confident in delivering honest messages under pressure. You will be engaging with projects, tracking the progress of changes and managing risks / issues. You will have active engagement with stakeholders across all functions within Creditsafe.
*Please note that this list is not exhaustive. Direct line management of this role may request that other reasonable responsibilities / tasks be assigned to this role
• Manage and coordinate all activities necessary to control, track and audit Changes
• Ensure that Change Request status, progress and issues are communicated to the appropriate groups
• Ensure that Change Requests adhere to the Change Policy
• Ensure that separation of duties is observed when conducting the Change Management Process
• Ensure Change records are documented following due process to ensure an audit trail, keeping accurate records of changes presented, approved and rejected
• Ensure that the correct change authority provides the final authorisation to implement a change
• Review and approve Change Advisory Board submissions
• Chair the weekly Change Advisory Board, review and discuss change submissions with key stakeholders, provide the final authorization or rejection of the change request
• Communicate decisions from the Change Advisory Board meetings to interested parties and stakeholders in a timely manner ensuring accuracy
• Oversee the suitability, effectiveness and implementation of the IT Change Management Policy and Process, conduct annual reviews of the policy and process to ensure it meets current and future business and legislative requirements
• Audit and manage the Change Management process lifecycle
• Create management information reports related to change metrics
• Conduct Post Implementation Reviews
• Promote understanding of the Change Management process
All members of the department will participate in regular 1-2-1 and appraisal meetings with their line manager to set personal business objectives, discuss their progress and formulate personal development plans to aid your career progression.
• Take responsibility for, and own, your personal development plan and business objectives
• Schedule regular 1-2-1 meetings
• Prepare for and document the outcome of your 1-2-1 meetings
University degree in a related subject or;
Greater than 3 years’ experience of delivering in the Service Management discipline
None required, though any of the following are desirable
• ITIL v3 Service Transition
• ITIL v3 Release Control and Validation
• ITIL v4, Create, Deliver and Support
• ITIL v4 High-Velocity IT
• Lean Six Sigma – Yellow Belt
• Service Management Toolsets (e.g. Service Now, Assyst etc.)
• Microsoft Word
• Simple Accounting
• Excel Spreadsheets
Experience, knowledge, skills and personal characteristics
• 3 or more years of experience in a similar role within the Business Information industry will be a distinct advantage
• The ability to effectively develop and manage strong working relationships both internal and external to the business
• Highly developed communication skills – communicating effectively and in a timely manner using appropriate communication tools and techniques
• Creativity / Innovation – Develop new and unique ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of change management
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
• Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
• Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
• Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
• Proven experience of IT Change Management
• Strong on process but able to make sensible adaptations where needed.
• Experience of ITIL based IT Operations methodology definition and adoption.
• Ability to gain, build and maintain stakeholder trust.