Internal Applications Software Engineer (Practitioner)
The developer will be joining a very dynamic team who are always adapting and reacting to the business needs. It’s a fast paced environment, but there’s plenty of room for fun and innovation too. They will be working primarily on systems built using C#, using a combination of ASP.NET Web API and WCF services alongside MVC websites.
The successful candidate will be a skilled and enthusiastic developer that prides themselves on delivery. Possessing excellent problem solving skills as well as willingness to be adaptable in using different technologies is a key part of the role. Data is at the core of our business so it’s imperative that our developers are passionate about building scalable solutions. We offer the opportunity to develop skills and work on new exciting projects.
• Experience of developing web applications & services using C# .Net, .Net Core and JSON
• Ability to write efficient code and comfortably undertake system tuning tasks
• Ability to produce clear, digestible technical documentation and diagrams
• Ability to demonstrate understanding of software engineering best practises and techniques
• Analytically minded and able to troubleshoot and resolve system errors and faults
• Have an understanding of source control techniques and/or familiar with GIT
• Developing for Microsoft Dynamics D365 Customer Engagement and/or Finance & Operations products
• Experience developing WCF or RESTful would be useful
• Ability to work with relational databases such as MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle etc
• Good interpersonal skill and ability to communicate with end users
• Understanding of Agile development methodologies
• Familiarity with cloud technology, preferably AWS.
• Knowledge of automated delivery processes.
• Play a hands on role as part of a SCRUM or Kanban team to; develop, test and maintain high quality web applications and backend services that fulfil business needs
• Help support the team in maintaining existing software and data infrastructure
• Working closely with the teams to introduce and train them on new tools
• Write documentation of new processes and products to facilitate knowledge sharing
• Strong focus on quality. Define and execute practices such as continuous integration and test driven development to enable the rapid delivery of working code
• Managing, tracking and updating any work done within agile software development tools such as JIRA
• Work with Product Owners to develop business questions and build datasets that answer those questions.
• Support and maintain the systems managed by the team, ensuring their 99% up-time and stability.
• Produce technical and non-technical documentation and diagrams
** Please note that the list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the successful candidate may be required to undertake additional tasks or responsibilities from time to time as deemed suitable by the Creditsafe management team.
• 3+ years development experience within a commercial environment.
• Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
• Understanding of engineering best practices and applying industry standard design patterns.
• Ability to write efficient code and comfortably perform system optimisation and performance tuning
• Experience developing .Net Web Applications, WCF and/or RESTful API, MVC
• Ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of Object Orientated design principles
• Experience of working with large scale systems; diagnosing & optimizing any performance bottlenecks
• Experience working with a broad range of technology and a passion to learn and experiment
• Computing studied to degree level or equivalent work experience
Encourages cooperation, collaboration and partnerships.
Seeks to improve skills and strives for high quality performance.
Identifies problems and seeks best solutions by being creative and innovative
Works under direction of the Team Lead and/or Senior team members within a clear framework of accountability. Exercises personal responsibility and autonomy. Plans own work to meet given objectives and processes. Will identify and raise concerns or blocks impeding work.
Participates in external activities related to own specialism. Contributes to decisions which
influence the success of projects and team objectives.
Performs a range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine, in a variety of
environments. Applies methodical approach to issue definition and resolution.
Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications. Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present information to both technical and non-technical audiences. Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet time and quality targets. Absorbs new information and applies it effectively. Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and how they could be applied to improve their solution.