Group Service Desk Manager
Creditsafe’s Service Desk is the single point of contact for the business, promoting positive interactions with our technologies and delivering solutions to incidents and requests.
As the Service Desk Manager you will provide leadership and operational guidance for the day to day management of the Service Desk’s 1st, 2nd and 3rd line teams. You will develop and coach the team members, to ensure they possess the required knowledge, behaviours and skills to succeed in their role.
Working closely with colleagues in the wider organisation as well as third party suppliers you will be involved in the management and co-ordination of urgent and complex issues, including communication to internal stakeholders and resource planning for both projects and business as usual activity that involves the Service Desk. You will also contribute to and influence strategic decisions that are related to the Service Desk.
• Provide management, coaching and mentoring for all members of the Service Desk 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line teams
• Manage and develop Creditsafe’s Network Operations Centre function (delivered by 2nd line Service Desk team members)
• Effectively monitor and support Service Desk service delivery, in order to ensure that Service is delivered in accordance with agreed SLAs
• Promote and encourage the team’s awareness of the relevant performance metrics and service levels, facilitating discussion about improvements where targets might be or have been missed
• Proactively manage, promote and maintain relevant processes & documentation
• Work with Senior Management to plan and map the strategic direction for the Service Desk.
• Work closely with all teams within IT on both technical and customer services issues to ensure efficient and effective service delivery
• Act as an escalation point for the Service Desk for customer queries and ongoing technical issues
• Maintain the Service Desk staffing schedule ensuring there is appropriate coverage during operational hours
• Communicate with all levels within the business on service issues, past and present, that impact the business operations
• Collaborate with the Service Transition Team to ensure the smooth transition of projects/changes into support
• Promote, encourage, reward and develop positive, constructive, proactive and customer centric behaviours within the Service Desk team
• Work with the Desk-side Engineering Manager to manage the interaction between the Service Desk and Remote Engineers
**Please note that the responsibility lists detailed above are not exhaustive and the Service Desk Manager may be requested to perform additional duties / take on additional responsibilities deemed reasonable by their direct line manager.
• Use of IT Service Management software (e.g. ServiceNow, Assyst, Remedy)
• Supporting MS Windows desktop and server environments
• Supporting computer and network hardware including peripherals and printers
• Active Directory Management
• Citrix (XenApp)
• Exchange (2007, 2010, 2013) configuration and support
• General networking skills (FTP, SFTP DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP)
• ITIL Foundation Level Certification
• Highly developed communication skills – communicating effectively and in a timely manner using appropriate communication tools and techniques
• Administration of Event/Alert Management systems (e.g. Solarwinds, Site24/7)
• ITIL v3 Intermediate Certification – any mixture of lifecycle and capability modules that cover both Service Transition and Service Operation
• Support of Telephony systems (preferably Avaya)
• Support of VMWare environments
• 2 or more years’ experience managing people
• 2 or more years’ experience in an IT based role
• Working within an IT Service Desk
• Aligning strategy with commercial requirements
• Developing and managing strong working relationships both internal and external to the business
• Developing new ways to improve operations and create opportunities
• Working cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
• Positively influencing others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organisation
• Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organisation
• Assessing problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem