You will be working closely with the data vault team building specific systems
facilitating the transition from traditional data processing in Oracle to processes which are Data Vault based. The role will define and build data pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business. This is an opportunity to gain exposure to big data architectures.
• Play a hands on role as part of an Agile team to develop, test and maintain high quality systems that fulfil business needs.
• Extracting data from various files, systems, cloud sources, databases or APIs through writing and executing code (SQL and similar)
• Cleaning and combining offline, online or mixed sources into datasets. Building in manual or automatic validation and accuracy checks. Making use of Python, SQL or specialist Big Data frameworks
• Help support the team in maintaining existing Oracle processes and data infrastructure
• Strong focus on quality. Execute practices such as continuous integration and test driven development to enable the rapid delivery of working code.
• Write documentation of new processes and products you’ve developed so that knowledge is shared
• Design and build a pattern based data pipeline using Python and SQL in accordance with guidelines set by the Data Architect
• Help to design, build and launch new data vault models
• Create functioning data pipelines using industry standard loading patterns
• 4+ years solid development experience within a commercial environment
• Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
• Some experience of working with multiple data sources and coding languages
• Knowledge of SQL programming and code optimisation.
• Proficient knowledge of PLSQL and Oracle native processes
• Awareness of cloud technology particularly AWS.
• Knowledge of automated delivery processes
• Some experience designing and building autonomous data pipelines
• Hands on experience of best engineering practices (handling and logging errors, system monitoring and building human-fault-tolerant applications)
• Experience of working with large datasets
• Ability to write efficient code and comfortable undertaking system optimisation and performance tuning tasks
• Experience working with in a windows or unix environment with the ability to perform basic database administration tasks
• Comfortable working with relational databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MariaDB
• Teamwork – Encourages cooperation, collaboration and partnerships
• Quality Improvement – strives for high quality performance.
• Problem Solving – Identifies problems and seeks best solutions by being creative and innovative
Company Outline and Working Environment:
Our journey began in Oslo, Norway in 1997, where we had a dream of using the then revolutionary internet to deliver instant access company credit reports to small and medium size businesses. From there, we opened a further 15 offices throughout Europe, The USA and Asia.
Working with businesses of all shapes and sizes, we provide trusted insight obtained through solid data sources and intuitive platforms, enabling businesses to make better-informed credit decisions. Privately owned and independently minded, we’re now the world’s most-used provider of on-line company credit reports and officially one of the best companies to work for in the UK for 7 consecutive years.
We currently have over 100,000 customers worldwide, employ over 1200 ‘Creditsafers’ globally, and have 16 offices in 14 countries worldwide.
Our continued growth and success is attributed to the passion that our employees have for our business, this is evident in all of our operations world-wide and something that we’re extremely proud of.
Our Group office in Cardiff Bay (which is where this role is based) is an exciting and vibrant place to work, with:
• A range of workplace entertainment including; Table tennis, Pool Table, Darts, Games Consoles
• Break and chill out areas, including a modern tiered seating area
• Music throughout the office that our team members control
• Free fresh fruit, coffee and tea provided for all employees
• Employee Forum consisting of representative from all department and business functions so you can get your voice heard loud and clear and help the company make decisions.
• We also run a range of activities both inside and outside work, to cater to many interests, coordinated by our Employee Engagement team and inspired by our employees
Other employee benefits include:
• AXA Private Healthcare
• Pension Plan
• Life Assurance
• 25 days annual leave & 8 bank holidays
• Online Learning Access: Creditsafe Dojo eLearning & Plural site
• Learning & Development Opportunities
• Wellbeing Programme including: Cycle to work scheme / Qtrly massages / Various fitness classes & gym membership discount /Mental health first aiders
• 24/7 access to an employee assistance programme (EAP)
• Employee discounts (access to Reward Gateway)