Creditsafe API team are looking for a new EEC Manager to join the team, helping to monitor and mentor the team members.
WHO ARE WE?
Privately owned and independently minded, Creditsafe prides itself on being pro-active and different. Our journey began in Oslo, Norway in 1997, where we had a dream of using the ‘revolutionary’ internet to deliver instant access company credit reports to small and medium-sized businesses. Creditsafe realised this dream and changed the market for the better, for businesses of all sizes.
Our continued success has made us the most used business data provider in the world and one of the industry’s strongest growing business intelligence providers. Today Creditsafe has 23 offices across 3 continents serving 110,000 customers from SME’s to enterprise businesses.
Creditsafes API delivery team consists of a mix of Agile developers and QA engineers spanning across junior to senior levels, reporting into the Engineering Manager for that area. The team is primarily based in Cardiff/South Wales and Hydrabad India, although we do also have employees in the team within Europe.
The team owns most of the technical estate concerning Connect, which includes the customer facing API endpoints along with any middle layer APIs that are involved in the customer facing APIs. Most of creditsafe’s products are also now available via our APIs so the Connect API suite is quite vast and continually expanding and evolving.
The team also has technical ownership of the Global Monitoring product. This includes the front end website, client facing APIs and also the data processing applications involvements.
The team is therefore split into two Agile delivery teams with a dedicated Scrum master working across both teams, coaching the team on Agile methods, encouraging shared ownership, continual improvement, promoting best practice and quality. The solutions (as with most of Creditsafe now) are heavily involved with AWS technologies.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Product Engineering department responsible for our API and Monitoring products. The successful candidate will lead and manage multiple teams of multi-disciplined software engineers that will be responsible for a part of Creditsafe’s product engineering. With a strong background in software engineering you will have a track record of successfully guiding multiple teams to ensure that high quality software is produced in a timely manner to meet business expectations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Ensure your engineering teams develop enterprise level solutions using the selected technology stacks.
• Work closely with senior stakeholders to help deliver their business requirements; manage expectations and deliver to estimates.
• Take ownership of any issues that occur within your area to ensure an appropriate solution is found.
• Identify and encourage areas for improvement and personal development within your teams
• Assess opportunities for application and process improvement within Product Engineering
• Ensure high quality development principles whilst delivering solutions on-time and within budget.
• Line management and personal development plans for team members.
• Technical guidance of the software engineering teams.
• Guidance and direction of Agile best practices amongst the engineering teams.
• You will also have to ensure that knowledge and best practices are spread and conformed to by your teams.
• You will be expected to perform line management duties for the individuals in your teams and possibly the wider department.
• Ensure that knowledge and best practices are spread and conformed to by your teams.
The responsibilities detailed above are not exhaustive and you may be requested to take on additional responsibilities deemed as reasonable by their direct line manager.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• A Batchelors \ Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Experience of managing multiple development teams within a commercial environment, with the ability to lead, influence and drive projects forward to meet key business milestones.
• Proven senior experience in software engineering; systems analysis; architecture and translation of business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements.
• Strong people management capabilities of both direct and indirect reports. Including mentoring and guidance of the software engineers in your teams.
• Experienced in Agile engineering environments.
• Ability to coordinate multiple stakeholder needs.
• Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions.
• Analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience of Agile development methodologies.
• Experience with working with systems that scale well.
• Background in Modern software engineering environments
• Understanding of AWS Cloud technologies
• Experience in implementing high latency, high throughput REST API’s
• Cloud Based Database Systems. DynamoDB, Aurora, MySQL.
Creditsafe is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity. Please contact Creditsafe if there is any support you need with your application.