Reporting directly to the Deskside Engineering Manager, the deskside engineer role will be available to support end users in all aspects of their business related IT needs. You will support users in a deskside capacity, utilising your desktop/network skills to troubleshoot user’s issues. This will include deskside visits, swapping out faulty equipment, remote hands in the server room for technology engineers and general day to day running of the IT onsite.
• Answering IT Service desk Calls from all parts of the company, ensuring SLA’s are met.
• Log IT Calls on IT Service desk System and following their progress.
• Carry out first time fixes for users (Fix when problem is reported)
• Troubleshoot and resolve computer network and desktop problems.
• To determine source root cause of computer problems (hardware, software, user access etc.) to help prevent a recurrence
• Serve as a liaison between user, the I.T. department and third parties to resolve issues.
• Local Laptop builds and support
• Support desk moves for users
• Supporting the development of and adherence to standards and processes whilst promoting continuous improvement
• Become ‘remote hands’ in server rooms for other Technical Engineers
• Document resolutions and provide access to this documentation to other members of the BTE group
• Working independently whilst also contributing to a team that is geographically diverse
• Manage relationships with relevant local 3rd Party IT providers and log calls with them where necessary
• Be responsible for implementation of Information Security Policies and maintain and organised and safe IT Workspace (server and comms rooms)
**Please note that the responsibility lists detailed above are not exhaustive and the Deskside Engineer may be requested to perform additional duties / take on additional responsibilities deemed as reasonable by their direct line manager.
• GCSE/A Levels or up to 3 years’ experience of working in an IT or Customer Contact Centre providing local IT Support to onsite IT users.
• Previous experience of IT Help Desk Software(e.g. Assyst, Remedy) and Environments
• Experience of supporting MS Windows environments,
• Computer and network hardware including peripherals and printers.
• Active directory user setup and admin.
• Windows desktop support
• Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016 and 365 Support
• Windows server (2008 / R2 & 2012/ R2)
• Citrix (XenApp)
• Telephony (preferably Avaya
• Basic Exchange 2007, 2010 and 2013 support
• Apple Mac Support
• General Networking Skills (DNS/DHCP, TCP/IP)
Company Outline and Working Environment:
Our journey began in Oslo, Norway in 1997, where we had a dream of using the then revolutionary internet to deliver instant access company credit reports to small and medium size businesses. From there, we opened a further 15 offices throughout Europe, The USA and Asia.
Working with businesses of all shapes and sizes, we provide trusted insight obtained through solid data sources and intuitive platforms, enabling businesses to make better-informed credit decisions. Privately owned and independently minded, we’re now the world’s most-used provider of on-line company credit reports and officially one of the best companies to work for in the UK for 7 consecutive years.
We currently have over 100,000 customers worldwide, employ over 1200 ‘Creditsafers’ globally, and have 16 offices in 14 countries worldwide.
Our continued growth and success is attributed to the passion that our employees have for our business, this is evident in all of our operations world-wide and something that we’re extremely proud of.
Our Group office in Cardiff Bay (which is where this role is based) is an exciting and vibrant place to work, with:
• A range of workplace entertainment including; Table tennis, Pool Table, Darts, Games Consoles
• Break and chill out areas, including a modern tiered seating area
• Music throughout the office that our team members control
• Free fresh fruit, coffee and tea provided for all employees
• Employee Forum consisting of representative from all department and business functions so you can get your voice heard loud and clear and help the company make decisions.
• We also run a range of activities both inside and outside work, to cater to many interests, coordinated by our Employee Engagement team and inspired by our employees
Other employee benefits include:
• AXA Private Healthcare
• Pension Plan
• Life Assurance
• 25 days annual leave & 8 bank holidays
• Online Learning Access: Creditsafe Dojo eLearning & Plural site
• Learning & Development Opportunities
• Wellbeing Programme including: Cycle to work scheme / Qtrly massages / Various fitness classes & gym membership discount /Mental health first aiders
• 24/7 access to an employee assistance programme (EAP)
• Employee discounts (access to Reward Gateway)