Database / ETL Developer
You will be working closely within the entity scrum team to support their current oracle database development needs with the long term goal of building specific systems facilitating the transition from traditional data processing in Oracle to processes which are Data Vault based. The role will define and build data pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business. This is an opportunity to gain exposure to big data architectures.
- Play a hands on role as part of an Agile team to develop, test and maintain high quality systems that fulfil business needs.
- Extracting data from various files, systems, cloud sources, databases or APIs through writing and executing code (SQL and similar)
- Cleaning and combining offline, online or mixed sources into datasets. Building in manual or automatic validation and accuracy checks. Making use of Oracle, Python, SQL or specialist Big Data frameworks
- Help support the team in maintaining existing Oracle processes and data infrastructure
- Strong focus on quality. Execute practices such as continuous integration and test driven development to enable the rapid delivery of working code.
- Write documentation of new processes and products you’ve developed so that knowledge is shared
- Design and build a pattern based data pipeline using Python and SQL in accordance with guidelines set by the Data Architect
- Help to design, build and launch new data vault models
- Create functioning data pipelines using industry standard loading patterns
- Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- 4+ years solid development experience within a commercial environment.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Some experience of working with multiple data sources and coding languages
- Knowledge of SQL programming and code optimisation.
- Proficient knowledge of PLSQL and Oracle native processes
- Awareness of cloud technology particularly AWS.
- Knowledge of automated delivery processes
- Some experience designing and building autonomous data pipelines
- Hands on experience of best engineering practices (handling and logging errors, system monitoring and building human-fault-tolerant applications)
- Experience of working with large datasets
- Ability to write efficient code and comfortable undertaking system optimisation and performance tuning tasks
- Experience working with in a windows or unix environment with the ability to perform basic database administration tasks
- Comfortable working with relational databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MariaDB.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills; agile problem-solving abilities.
- Teamwork – Encourages cooperation, collaboration and partnerships.
- Quality Improvement – Strives for high quality performance and takes initiative to make improvements and deliver results.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems and seeks best solutions by being creative and innovative.
- Excellent open and clear communication skills that can connect with all levels of the organisation via face-to-face and group presentation.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, able to work independently with little or no supervision and is committed to the highest standards of quality for the entire release process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced / changing environment.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline driven, stressful project environment.
This is a very exciting time within Creditsafe as we update the majority of our technology stack and modernise all of our processes. The Delivery team are at the heart of Creditsafe, building new products with cutting edge technology whilst continuing to support our existing products.
Career development is a real thing at Creditsafe!
- Your personal development is key to our success and we aim to make internal career development achievable.
- We continually look to provide opportunities for learning new skills, technologies and improving the way work.
At Creditsafe we strive to be a disrupting influence within our sector and have a lot of fun doing it!
- We dare to be different and stand out in a crowded marketplace.
- We believe everyone should have a fair chance to voice their opinion and contribute to the success of the company.
- We aim to be proactive and challenge ourselves every day to do better.
- We are a very fast moving company and the pace at which we change is something our competitors wish they could achieve.
- Our head office in Cardiff Bay (which is where this role is based) is an exciting and vibrant place to work, with:
- Fruit, coffee and tea provided for all employees.
- A range of workplace entertainment including; Table tennis, Pool Table, Darts, Games consoles and a Stage.
- Break and chill out areas
- Music throughout the office that our team members control
- Employee Forum consisting of representative from all department and business functions so you can get your voice heard loud and clear, you help the company make decisions.
- We run a range of activities both inside and outside work, to cater to many interests, coordinated and inspired by our Employee Engagement team.
Other employee benefits include:
- AXA private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Wellbeing programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly massages
- Various fitness classes
- Mental health first aiders
- 24/7 access to an employee assistance programme
- Employee discounts ( access to PERKZ)
Our department is crucial to this rapidly growing company! Come be part of our growing team aiming to help us double the size of Creditsafe over the next five years. If this sounds good to you, then come and join us – get in touch now!