Cyber Security Engineer
Reporting to the Head of Information Security, the Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for implementing information security solutions across all infrastructure and end user services.
The Information Security team improves Creditsafe’s security posture through mitigating vulnerabilities, performing threat hunting, implementing security controls, and deploying solutions to provide defence in depth. This will be achieved through guidance from the Head of Information Security, Group IT and Security Director and researching new tools and technologies, while promoting continuous improvement and best practice within the department. All new services will be transitioned to live operations with the relevant supporting documentation created by members of the Information Security team.
You will be working in a fast-paced Agile environment and the role will require the ability to focus and refocus effort based on the business and operational needs, managing several issues and projects at any one time.
The Information Security team will analyse, manage and remediate all security incidents across the Creditsafe estate with guidance and training provided to other members of the Technology Engineering department where appropriate.
• Design, configuration & implementation of:
o SIEM solutions
o AntiMalware and AntiVirus
o Identifying Patching needs
o Infrastructure hardware, software and network security
• Defining security requirements for:
o End user device security applications
• Hardening Standards for:
o Key applications
o Microsoft EMS
• SIEM solution monitoring
• Analysing and remediating security events
• Identifying security vulnerabilities and remediating them
In addition to commissioning new services, the Security Operations team will be a point of Tier 4 support for complex technical issues and root cause analysis of:
• Security incidents
• Have a willingness to participate in a 24/7 on call rota as required
• Active Directory / Office 365 / Patching / Capacity & Availability delivery
**Please note that the responsibility lists detailed above are not exhaustive and the Senior CyberSecurity Engineer may be requested to perform additional duties / take on additional responsibilities deemed as reasonable by their direct line manager.
I.T. Proficiency (Essential)
• Unified Security Management & Threat Intelligence solutions (e.g. Securonix, AlienVault, Splunk, CarbonBlack)
• Experienced in scoping penetration tests, performing vulnerability analysis
• Security scanning tools (e.g. Rapid7, Tenable, Kali, Netwrix)
• Security Patch management (e.g. WSUS, 3rd party patch management tools)
• Managing enterprise security solutions (e.g. AV / DLP / IDS / IPS / IAM)
• Windows server – 2008 (R2), 2012 (R2) and 2016
• Linux (CentOS / Ubuntu)
• Commercial experience of AWS / Azure environmnets
• General networking skills (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP)
• Vmware 6.x
• Managing workloads through a workload management toolset
I.T. Proficiency (Desirable)
• Experience of supporting Citrix XenApp and MS Windows desktop enviroments
• Microsoft Exchange (2010, 2013)
• Shared storage (e.g. Dell EqualLogic / Compellent)
• Veeam Backup and replication services
• Experience of monitoring tools such as Solarwinds Orion, CloudWatch, Site24x7
• Information Security Certification (CompTIA Security+, AWS Certified Security – Specialty)
Company Outline and Working Environment:
Our journey began in Oslo, Norway in 1997, where we had a dream of using the then revolutionary internet to deliver instant access company credit reports to small and medium size businesses. From there, we opened a further 15 offices throughout Europe, The USA and Asia.
Working with businesses of all shapes and sizes, we provide trusted insight obtained through solid data sources and intuitive platforms, enabling businesses to make better-informed credit decisions. Privately owned and independently minded, we’re now the world’s most-used provider of on-line company credit reports and officially one of the best companies to work for in the UK for 7 consecutive years.
We currently have over 100,000 customers worldwide, employ over 1200 ‘Creditsafers’ globally, and have 16 offices in 14 countries worldwide.
Our continued growth and success is attributed to the passion that our employees have for our business, this is evident in all of our operations world-wide and something that we’re extremely proud of.
Our Group office in Cardiff Bay (which is where this role is based) is an exciting and vibrant place to work, with:
• A range of workplace entertainment including; Table tennis, Pool Table, Darts, Games Consoles
• Break and chill out areas, including a modern tiered seating area
• Music throughout the office that our team members control
• Free fresh fruit, coffee and tea provided for all employees
• Employee Forum consisting of representative from all department and business functions so you can get your voice heard loud and clear and help the company make decisions.
• We also run a range of activities both inside and outside work, to cater to many interests, coordinated by our Employee Engagement team and inspired by our employees
Other employee benefits include:
• AXA Private Healthcare
• Pension Plan
• Life Assurance
• 25 days annual leave & 8 bank holidays
• Online Learning Access: Creditsafe Dojo eLearning & Plural site
• Learning & Development Opportunities
• Wellbeing Programme including: Cycle to work scheme / Qtrly massages / Various fitness classes & gym membership discount /Mental health first aiders
• 24/7 access to an employee assistance programme (EAP)
• Employee discounts (access to Reward Gateway)