Automation Test Engineer
We are looking for a new test engineer who will become part of our team building the new Creditsafe web platform, using React to create a single unified website for our customers supplemented by .Net Core microservice API’s. The ideal candidate will have experience in working with modern front-end testing frameworks such as Cucumber, Cypress, RSpec.
• Automation testing.
• Knowledge of BDD, UAT and regression testing practices.
• Understanding of Agile development methodologies.
• Familiarity with cloud technology, preferably AWS.
• Knowledge of automated delivery processes.
• Good understanding of GIT (Desirable).
• To prepare and maintain test scripts for use on automated testing tools.
• Responsible for carrying out functional and user acceptance testing to ensure that high quality standards are achieved at all times for all software releases.
• Work closely with the Development team to ensure work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and the quality requirements.
• Manage and coordinate the regression tests
• Play a hands on, role as part of a scrum or Kanban team to, develop, test and maintain high quality web applications and backend services that fulfil business needs.
• Working closely with the teams to introduce and train them on new tools.
• Write documentation of new processes and products you’ve developed so that knowledge is shared.
• Strong focus on quality. Define and execute practices such as continuous integration and test driven development to enable the rapid delivery of working code.
• Managing, tracking and updating any work done within agile software development tools such as JIRA.
• Teamwork – Encourages cooperation, collaboration and partnerships
• Quality Improvement – Strives for high quality performance and takes initiative to make improvements and deliver results.
• Problem Solving – Identifies problems and seeks best solutions by being creative and innovative
Works under general direction. Uses discretion in identifying and responding to complex issues and assignments. Usually receives specific instructions and has work reviewed at frequent milestones. Determines when issues should be escalated to a higher level.
Interacts with and influences colleagues. Has working level contact with customers, suppliers and partners. May supervise others or make decisions which impact the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects.
Performs a range of work, sometimes complex and non routine, in a variety of environments. Applies methodical approach to issue definition and resolution.
Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to issue resolution. Takes the initiative in identifying and negotiating appropriate personal development opportunities. Demonstrates effective communication skills. Contributes fully to the work of teams. Plans, schedules and monitors own work (and that of others where applicable) competently within limited deadlines and according to relevant legislation, standards and procedures. Appreciates the wider business context, and how own role relates to other roles and to the business of the employer or client.