Agile Scrum Master
The scrum master plays a vital role within the delivery organisation, taking responsibility for the delivery and maintenance of products. Working in a dynamic business environment and possibly within a geographically dispersed team, you will coach your team to ensure deliver high-quality solutions.
• Develop and motivate teams in order to successfully deliver high quality business solutions.
• Facilitate all Agile ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, refinement, demos and retrospectives.
• Provide proactive Agile coaching and mentoring to scrum team and business stakeholders, identifying opportunities for improving outcomes.
• Work closely with Product Owner to define the product roadmap and ensure the product backlog are in good shape for delivery.
• Contribute to the Creditsafe Agile community, driving opportunities for improvement.
• Provide technical leadership through coaching and mentorship to guide a scrum team towards successful delivery.
• Take ownership of any impediments that occur within your team to ensure an appropriate solution is found, escalating where necessary.
• Help support the team in maintaining existing software and data infrastructure.
• Promote software quality by using Agile and lean development methodologies such as test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
• Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and share with team members and/or affected parties.
• Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
• Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
• An understanding of IT and how an IT department operates.
• Demonstrable Expert knowledge of Agile leadership methodologies including Scrum and Kanban, ideally leading multiple small development teams.
• Experience of working with a geographically diverse scrum team.
• A qualification within Agile from a recognised body e.g. scrum.org, Scrum Alliance, SAF, etc.
• Understanding and experienced with enterprise applications and large relational databases (e.g. Postgres, Oracle).
• Knowledge of the Atlassian suite of tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bit Bucket, Bamboo).
• Knowledge of continuous delivery e.g. GIT, Docker, Jenkins, gradle, maven and similar technologies.
• Knowledge of web services using architectural styles such as REST, Micro services and SOA.
• Ability to coordinate multiple stakeholder needs across internal and external teams.
• Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions.
• Experience of coaching and helping team members develop their potential.
• Analytical and critical thinking skills; agile problem-solving abilities.
• Teamwork – Encourages cooperation, collaboration and partnerships.
• Quality Improvement – Strives for high quality performance and takes initiative to make improvements and deliver results.
• Problem Solving – Identifies problems and seeks best solutions by being creative and innovative.
• Excellent open and clear communication skills that can connect with all levels of the organisation via face-to-face and group presentation.
• Proven team building skills with a focus on setting the team up to succeed.
• Detail oriented, self-motivated, able to work independently with little or no supervision, and is committed to the highest standards of quality for the entire release process.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast paced / changing environment.
• Ability to thrive in a deadline driven, stressful project environment.