Agile Development Team Leader
The development team lead plays a vital role, taking responsibility for the delivery and maintenance of products. Working in a dynamic business environment and at times within a geographically dispersed team, you will coach your team to ensure the delivery of high-quality solutions.
- Develop and motivate teams in order to successfully deliver high quality business solutions.
- Facilitate all Agile ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, refinement, demos and retrospectives.
- Provide proactive Agile coaching and mentoring to scrum team and business stakeholders, identifying opportunities for improving outcomes.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to define the product roadmap and ensure the product backlog is maintained to enable successful delivery.
- Contribute to the Creditsafe Agile community, driving opportunities for improvement.
- Provide technical leadership through coaching and mentorship to guide a scrum team towards successful delivery.
- Take ownership of any impediments that occur within your team to ensure an appropriate solution is found, escalating where necessary.
- Help support the team in maintaining existing software and data infrastructure.
- Promote software quality by using Agile and lean development methodologies such as test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and share with team members and/or affected parties.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Identify and encourage areas for improvement and personal development within the team as part of a supervisory role.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Demonstrable Expert knowledge of Agile leadership methodologies including Scrum and Kanban, ideally leading multiple small development teams.
- Experience of working with a geographically diverse scrum team.
- 5-7 years of software development, ideally as both Developer and Scrum Master.
- A qualification within Agile from a recognised body e.g. scrum.org, Scrum Alliance, SAF, etc.
- Experience of AWS cloud technology, but also relevant are GCP, Mule, Azure and APIGEE.
- Solid experience of working within major development stacks (e.g. Python, .net, Java).
- Understanding and experienced with enterprise applications and large relational databases (e.g. Postgres, Oracle). Desirable to have knowledge of Scala.
- Significant knowledge of the Atlassian suite of tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bit Bucket, Bamboo).
- Knowledge of continuous delivery e.g. GIT, Docker, Jenkins, gradle, maven and similar technologies.
- Experience of web services using architectural styles such as REST, Micro services and SOA.
- Ability to coordinate multiple stakeholder needs across internal and external teams.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions.
- Experience of coaching and helping team members develop their potential.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills; agile problem-solving abilities.
- Teamwork – Encourages cooperation, collaboration and partnerships.
- Quality Improvement – Strives for high quality performance and takes initiative to make improvements and deliver results.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems and seeks best solutions by being creative and innovative.
- Excellent open and clear communication skills that can connect with all levels of the organisation via face-to-face and group presentation.
- Proven team building skills with a focus on setting the team up to succeed.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, able to work independently with little or no supervision and is committed to the highest standards of quality for the entire release process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced / changing environment.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline driven, stressful project environment.
This is a very exciting time within Creditsafe as we update the majority of our technology stack and modernise all of our processes. The Delivery team are at the heart Creditsafe, building new products with cutting edge technology whilst continuing to support our existing products.
Career development is a real thing at Creditsafe!
- Your personal development is key to our success and we aim to make internal career development achievable
- We continually look to provide opportunities for learning new skills, technologies and improving the way work
At Creditsafe we strive to be a disrupting influence within our sector and have a lot of fun doing it!
- We dare to be different and stand out in a crowded marketplace.
- We believe everyone should have a fair chance to voice their opinion and contribute to the success of the company.
- We aim to be proactive and challenge ourselves every day to do better.
- We are a very fast moving company and the pace at which we change is something our competitors wish they could achieve.
- Our head office in Cardiff Bay (which is where this role is based) is an exciting and vibrant place to work, with:
- Fruit, coffee and tea provided for all employees.
- A range of workplace entertainment including; Table tennis, Darts, Games consoles and a Stage.
- Break and chill out areas
- Music throughout the office that our team members control
- New for 2018 we have introduced a House Cup competition, you’ll have to join us to find out more.
- Employee Forum consisting of representative from all department and business functions so you can get your voice heard loud and clear, you help the company make decisions.
- We run a range of activities both inside and outside work, to cater to many interests, coordinated and inspired by our Employee Engagement team
Other employee benefits include:
- AXA private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Wellbeing programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly massages
- Various fitness classes
- Mental health first aiders
- 24/7 access to an employee assistance programme
- Employee discounts ( access to PERKZ)
Our department is crucial to this rapidly growing company! Come be part of our growing team aiming to help us double the size of Creditsafe over the next five years. If this sounds good to you, then come and join us – get in touch now!